Poll: To readmit LSU Fans to posting privileges...

To Readmit LSU Fans to Tidefans or Not...

• I OPPOSE READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION WITH CONDITIONS

Votes: 180 63.2%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 49 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
I went with - I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY - meaning I have zero interest in ever seeing Red55(?) attempt to moderate our board .

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I went with - I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY - meaning I have zero interest in ever seeing Red55(?) attempt to moderate our board .
I don't think he even moderates Tigerfans any more. He hasn't posted there since Dec. 15, 2015...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I'm not a big poster, but I vote yes with conditions. As long as they stick to the rules and have thoughtful discussion that's fine. B1GTide and AuDub usually have interesting posts and folks like that should be welcome. Krymsonman

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
A lot of LSU fans are used to Tigerdroppings and SECRant and those boards are pretty much anything goes. Personally I would never sign up on a rival board because I see no reason to. I will trust the admin of this board to keep things civil and let the mods do their thing. Follow the rules or your gone! RTR!

Russell31210

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 30, 2004
Hiawassee, Ga
Oppose allowing them back at all. There are many other boards they can troll. I rarely post but read every day, this is the best BAMA board on the web because we do not allow it to dwell in the gutter. This generation of LSU faithful are unable to get past their angst over Saban/process. Just one mans opinion, but dealing with their fan base once a year in Baton Rouge and/or Tuscaloosa is enough for me. Having to read their drivel on my favorite website is not enticing.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
With so many years gone by now since CNS left --- and along with the number of years now that the ban has been in place --- it doesn't seem that there would be a whole lot of LSU fans waiting in the wings to jump in.

Maybe there are - I dunno.

I do applaud Tide fans "management" for taking this poll.....however it turns out, it further demonstrates this site's propensity to keep up with the times and remain open to change, if it benefits the forum.

Thanks for all you do!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
It seems like it would be too much of a headache for the mods. LSU fans no matter how cool during the offseason have proven time and time again that they don't know when to zip it in game threads or any thread critical of LSU.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Let's see:

Florida fan...check
Buckeye fan...check
Oklahoma fan...check
Barn fan...check
Arkansas fan...check

I think we can fill our LSU fan quota assuming he/she behaves [emoji106]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It seems like it would be too much of a headache for the mods. LSU fans no matter how cool during the offseason have proven time and time again that they don't know when to zip it in game threads or any thread critical of LSU.
Well, it's staff that's proposing it. If it's too much work, we'll shut it off...

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I dont see a voting board.

VOTE FOR READMISSION, BUT ONLY UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS

I dont want a board full of them but a few select ones would be good.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
TideFans is hands down the absolute best "Crimson Tide" football forum on the net bar none, I love chatting with all you great Bama Fans here on TideFans, I also love the fact, TideFans Mods work hard to keep the rival fans trolls off the board that keeps the peace here for us to enjoy when we log onto TideFans..

I do enjoy chatting with fans from rival teams as well, but, I enjoy the peace we've had since the LSU Fan Ban was implemented a lot more & just assume it stays that way..But..I totally trust Earle, Brad & the rest of the TideFans Mods should they decide to allow LSU Fans as well..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I voted for readmission. I think as long as they don't try to control the board they should be ok to have back. I think 2011 was a pretty tense year for them from the start, and it just escalated.

Maybe 1 condition: is no posting on the Bama vs LSU week. If I remember that week and the Jordan Jefferson debacle were the worst times around them.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was around and very active here in the years leading up to the banning. I also visited and joined an LSU website that was the closest thing they had to this site, many of the LSU posters that were posting here also posted there. I don't even remember what website that was.

My impression was they did not return the same hospitality that they enjoyed visiting here. They were respectful (kinda) when here but when we visited their site, the same posters we interacted with on Tidefans were remarkably obnoxious on their home turf. Our late moderator Bayou got this shoddy treatment, as did Earl, myself, and many others.

I'd say that it's been long enough and things have changed enough that I suspect it might be ok to have them posting again, but I certainly defer to those who have to moderate them.

bat123

All-American
Chukker I too remember the times of which you speak, I was a member of Tiger Droppings and some of their members would come here try to tell us how this board should be run, post negatively and then dog cuss us there, I was truly happy when the Who ban was put in place. I however recognize there were a few quality Who posters and am not opposed to re-admittance with conditions.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Well, it's staff that's proposing it. If it's too much work, we'll shut it off...
I voted no, but whatever you guys choose is the law of the land. I don't see the behind the scenes action, but the site seems lower maintence for you guys without them... I personally don't like dealing with the clutter and that cut out a lot of it. I don't think anything will change with them until CNS retires, but we shall see.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.