Poll: To readmit LSU Fans to posting privileges...

To Readmit LSU Fans to Tidefans or Not...

• I OPPOSE READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION WITH CONDITIONS

Votes: 180 63.2%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 49 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I feel like we have made progress as a group on this forum to where I feel comfortable inviting them back with conditions imposed on them. I would propose that LSU posts should be reviewed by moderator before it is posted as part of condition. I realize that's lot of time and efforts, but its only for 30 days though.
If the Mods have moderation tools to do that, even though it would be more work for them, as more & more Swamp Kitten fans rejoins TideFans, that's the best way to keep LSU Fans on the up & up when they come here to post..That's a great idea if it can be done..

Make them provide a credit card. We like their posts, they can stay. We don't like their posts, they pay a $1 and the the creepy "found you a dollar" old guy from the State Farm commercial becomes their avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAHA..This post made me LOL when I read it & I read who posted it..You definitely have that "Banker" mentality my friend..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I feel like we have made progress as a group on this forum to where I feel comfortable inviting them back with conditions imposed on them. I would propose that LSU posts should be reviewed by moderator before it is posted as part of condition. I realize that's lot of time and efforts, but its only for 30 days though.
Given the software, that's not really possible. Also, with all-volunteer staff, it's asking too much personal time of the mods. Finally, we really have no way of telling who is and isn't an LSU fan, unless they self-identify or have a distinctive username, in which case we've not been admitting them in the first place...

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I voted no.

It was a mess back then and the board has been great without them around. In fact, not once since the ban have I ever thought "man, I wish LSU fans could post here again." Why mess up a good thing?

We don't need those corndogs here, they have their own board for their useless droppings.

Last edited:

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
I see two issues moving forward.

1) The rules for admittance should be in plain view for members of this board that represent opposing teams. There are a lot of great people who aren't Alabama fans and offer interesting perspective from outside our view.

2) If you do shut down the whole thing then you may be losing out on some great posters. My best friend is a LSU fan, but he's the nicest guy and wouldn't dare come here to talk smack. He'd be a great member with knowledgeable information. It'd be a shame if he couldn't join because he's a LSU fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.