Poll: To readmit LSU Fans to posting privileges...

To Readmit LSU Fans to Tidefans or Not...

• I OPPOSE READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION WITH CONDITIONS

Votes: 180 63.2%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 49 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The purpose of this poll is to gauge board sentiment regarding the readmission of LSU to posting status on the board. This is a matter we've been discussing. The results are non-binding on administration, since there are many other factors involved. If, in the end, we do readmit them, this action can be reversed, if the same situation redevelops which caused their banning initially. We're hoping that some of the underlying emotions which seemed to exist and caused the misbehavior will have died down and that will allow a civil discourse. Let us know what you think...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I realize that options 2 & 3 sound similar. It was set up to allow people to indicate a "lean" in one direction or the other...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The purpose of this poll is to gauge board sentiment regarding the readmission of LSU to posting status on the board. This is a matter we've been discussing. The results are non-binding on administration, since there are many other factors involved. If, in the end, we do readmit them, this action can be reversed, if the same situation redevelops which caused their banning initially. We're hoping that some of the underlying emotions which seemed to exist and caused the misbehavior will have died down and that will allow a civil discourse. Let us know what you think...

I OPPOSE READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

I OPPOSE READMISSION, BUT I WOULD ACCEPT UNDER CONDITIONS

I FAVOR READMISSION, BUT ONLY UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS

I FAVOR READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY
Earle, assuming that the " conditions " that are applied are that they refrain from the behavior that got them banned in the first place, then I would favor readmission.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Full disclosure...I was not a member when all the problems that caused the ban occurred.

That being said, I voted to readmit them with conditions. The condition being, they conduct themselves like any other poster who is a rival fan.AuDub is the model of what that should be. I'm sure he has had to bite his tongue here a number of times, but has always handled himself with class. The same goes for the Ohio State guy and the Florida fan.

I understand this was done in the wake of a lot of problematic LSU fans posting here. If people start causing problems, just ban them. You have banned Bama fans who aren't following the rules, so I don't see how just kicking out LSU people would be any different.

Also, thank you for opening this up for discussion. I understand the decision is still up to you and the other mods, but thanks for consulting the masses.

Last edited:

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
If Earle and the Most Merciful Administration want to apply conditions on LSU's reinstatement, then I trust them to keep an eye on it (and they will). I'm okay with conditional readmission, but to be honest, it's been nice not have to read their crap on this board.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Would the conditions of re-acceptance be different from any other person posting here?

Realizing this is not a democracy, however wouldn't equal treatment under the law work? :)

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I'd readmit but, but keep them on a very short leash. Also, some act of obeisance might be in order. A signed affidavit acknowledging Nick Saban as their daddy, for instance... ;)

Last edited:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Myself, the main concern was the volume of post by LSU fans about LSU football on a board I read for Alabama football content. Sometime, the subject matter had very little if anything to do with LSU football. Some threads would get buried under threads about LSU football. And as is a habit of a lot people, they could not let anything slide. If there was any criticism about Coach Miles or LSU, we would have three or so posters who would without fail respond and would keep going until they had the last word.

That being said, I genuinely liked the LSU posters on here; and as someone who tends to view sports in a spaghetti western style, I appreciate the counter balancing views that other fans provide.

One last thing: I think anyone who post over here and then puts quotes on tiger droppings that ridicule posters over here should be permanently axed. Moreover, it was hinted that posters were doing that in the past, and I would not invite those people back. There is a soccer forum that I read that has Mexican and US sections where the Mexican side has a "Gringo wall of shame" thread. Being a neophyte, I do not have that much to say but it discourages me from posting over there. Its not the worst thing in the world, but I think it is two faced and classless.

I've always think of this as Bama Nation's house to do as he wishes. But since your asking about who you should invite over to talk football, these are my two cents.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Would the conditions of re-acceptance be different from any other person posting here?

Realizing this is not a democracy, however wouldn't equal treatment under the law work? :)
No, it would not work and it's never been the way we operate. First, this is a Bama board and Bama fans come first. Accordingly, rival fans have always been held to a higher standard in order to remain active. They are guests and are expected to conduct themselves as such. That was the problem with the LSU fans in the past - they came to feel that they owned the board as much as Bama fans did. They started just ignoring policy directives from staff. If it happens again, they'll be on the outside again...

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I don't understand. Doesn't all posting privileges come with conditions? Aren't we all held to the same conditions?

They should have the same conditions as anyone else and should be suspended, banned, or terminated as anyone else would. There should not be any special conditions set. Treat everyone the same. It shouldn't matter what school that you pull for however I really can't see why a fan of another school wants to be on here...... jealousy, would be my guess.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I did my duty and voted. All posters from other schools should realize that they are a guest in someone else's house and act accordingly or lose the privilege of posting.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This is just my .02. I voted readmission with conditions. My condition would be LSU members are not allowed to discuss or in any way refer to Saban (I realize that would make it hard to moderate but I think it's a clear line of what is not permitted). This was the biggest problem previously as they would change the topic of every thread to CNS. Let's just talk about the teams this year instead of all the vitriol of the past..

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Problem we had before was LSU fan showed his behind and was banned, only to reappear under a different name, but with the same crap. We had LSU fans pushing the limit and beyond.
Some of the LSU fans disliked our policies and wanted us to be more like their Tiger Droppings.
We have had a family friendly board and obviously lots of us like it that way.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that I am not your typical TideFans member, so you can discount my vote if you prefer. My perspective - if an individual can follow the board rules and treat other members with respect, let them in. I have a few very solid friends who went to LSU who I am sure that you would all like. Being a corndog doesn't automatically make one an idiot.

You guys have a great college football community here and adding more diversity won't hurt that. Just make them follow the rules. Of course that places a burden on the mods when you get a bunch of folks joining with no purpose other than to stir the pot or talk smack, so I am in no position to decide how to best manage what I assume was a big problem at some point.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I voted. Looks like I'm among the very few so far who remain skeptical of their reappearance. Perhaps I underestimate their ability to truly bury the hatchet and move on with life, in the face of the very present domination Alabama still enjoys with Coach Saban at the helm.

Oh well. Not my decision to make and whichever way the moderators decide to go, they are the best to decide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.