Poll: To readmit LSU Fans to posting privileges...

To Readmit LSU Fans to Tidefans or Not...

• I OPPOSE READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION WITH CONDITIONS

Votes: 180 63.2%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 49 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Problem is there are no good apples in LA. I know the outcome of the potential lifted embargo. But we have to stop to see the train wreck. Buckling up!! Lets go coach Avery! We may need your help!!

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He was the one who made us realize we had to have a ban. One day, he just refused to drop a matter (as usual, Miles vs. Saban), despite my continuing PMs. Finally, he posted an entire page rejoinder and went back to Tigerfans and really ripped us good. That was it...
Interesting...

Now that Saban has established dominance over Miles, The back and forth arguments and comparisons they used to make now obviously don't hold water. The ones who were so obnoxious about Miles' superiority have been proven wrong, I bet they might feel sheepish if they came back.

The one that bugged me was the cartoon character. I even remember his handle, which is unusual after all these years.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Although I was here, I didn't know what was involved but I also knew that given the freedom (within reason) here that it must have just become way too intolerable.

We have opposing fans here and they don't suck up to us, including a couple of Gators, AuDub, and B1G.

The one thing that might be ironclad is not permitting them to post in game threads of ANY kind - for their safety and for everyone's reading pleasure as well.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Interesting...

Now that Saban has established dominance over Miles, The back and forth arguments and comparisons they used to make now obviously don't hold water. The ones who were so obnoxious about Miles' superiority have been proven wrong, I bet they might feel sheepish if they came back.

The one that bugged me was the cartoon character. I even remember his handle, which is unusual after all these years.
We suggest that rival fans not post in game threads, particularly in those involving their primary team. Even the most innocent-seeming remark can be taken the wrong way in that context. Usually, that's observed. I've had to suspend only a few over the years...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I agree to let 'em back in with conditions. Maybe we can find a good one that will represent LSU like a few posters do, Oky, Florida, Ohio State and Auburn. It is healthy for the board if civil. If they have to be banned, keep the good one!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We suggest that rival fans not post in game threads, particularly in those involving their primary team. Even the most innocent-seeming remark can be taken the wrong way in that context. Usually, that's observed. I've had to suspend only a few over the years...
Earle, you are Tidefans, for anyone that has kept up over time. You have been here since the beginning and consistently been by far the most intelligent, fair but tough moderator. Anyone that knows this board would allow you to make the call on our behalf. Happy father's to you. To many, you are our father on Tidefans.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
The poster from LSU (WSIV70) seems to be a nice enough guy but others can easily mess it up for the nicer ones. When they start with their crap again just shut them down again for 5 years. Start putting them on probation if they can't act right.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The poster from LSU (WSIV70) seems to be a nice enough guy but others can easily mess it up for the nicer ones. When they start with their crap again just shut them down again for 5 years. Start putting them on probation if they can't act right.
The one's I remember were nice until LSU won. After a big win they thought they had run of the place, dictating to us what we could say, policing every thread about Bama-LSU. I'm ok with a second chance but if they return to their old ways please ban them forever.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
That makes perfect sense to not post in a game thread involving your team. Heck, that is a ban just waiting to happen. I frequent a Baylor board (just for the pick em) and post now and then but I would NEVER post in a Baylor game thread against Alabama. Actually I never post in any game thread other than our own and even then rarely.

freefall

1st Team
Apr 30, 2009
Leesburg, VA
I'm just a guest so take it FWIW, but I tend to hit up boards of teams we play each year, particularly those schools that we don't run into very often. Occasionally some of those sites (like tidefans) turn out to be worth keeping in the rotation over the years, even if their team isn't on our schedule any more. I don't tend to post much except when I see threads of mutual interest, but I enjoy the conversation either way. The number one factor that makes them great sites is that they have an active community who love football and can discuss it rationally -- the more typical fanboy echo chamber is much less interesting. So long as there are LSU fans who want to participate in good faith I say let 'em in. As long as everyone can act like a reasonable adult, additional perspectives will only strengthen the community you've built here.

Having said that, I just hope that VT starts winning enough to get our fans banned somewhere, anywhere!! :)

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
An exceedingly prudent move IMHO. Emotions run high.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
There was a thread on the droppings rant over something, and it was like 90% LSU fans shouting how many mad bammers were posting in the thread. I only saw a couple of Bama fans post at all in the thread and was amazed at all the vitroll spewing forth from the LSU fans.
They have a serious HATE-ON toward Alabama. If just a fraction of those came here it would be a real crap show.

I worked in New Orleans for 4-5 years and never talked football, but did wear my Bama cap around. They beat us one year and when I got to work a guy who I didn't know was even a fan of sports jumped up and started shouting Tiger Bait among other thing in my face. I was shocked because I didn't ever talk football, know his name or that he was a LSU fan. It can quickly get out of hand with many LSU fans, and this was 30 years or more ago. I honestly didn't know what to say and others in the office were looking at us like we were nuts, and I hadn't said a word.

If you want a true representation of their fans, go to their home site and try to have a civil discussion. See what happens.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Perhaps time heals all wounds, but some of our friends from Red Stick sure do seem unhinged by Coach Saban's success in Tuscaloosa.
If they can keep things within bounds, I'd say welcome back.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
How about limiting opposing posting privileges to Tuesday through Friday. This way it allows a cool off period and to observe their behavior during a limited period.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.