FL AD Jeremy Foley Retiring

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I assure you....no one at UF is "panicking".

At present time....our athletic department is in one of the best conditions it has ever been in.......and we are fully headed in the right direction. :)

If anything - we are being grateful for Mr. Foley's dedication, guidance, and service to our school.

He was involved in our sports program for 40 years - starting off as an intern in the ticket office. At age 63 we are happy he can step down and are celebrating his time at Florida.

Story here for those interested.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Florida athletics has certainly been in good hands for a while now. Any word on his replacement?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
As an entire athletic department, they have been the SEC's standard bearer for some time now. I'd like to think Alabama has made progress over the years in becoming more than just a football powerhouse, but Florida does well in just about every sport. I'm sure that's due in no small part to Foley's leadership. I wouldn't expect it to just continue, but I'm sure they won't have trouble finding a capable replacement either.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I assure you....no one at UF is "panicking".

At present time....our athletic department is in one of the best conditions it has ever been in.......and we are fully headed in the right direction. :)

If anything - we are being grateful for Mr. Foley's dedication, guidance, and service to our school.

He was involved in our sports program for 40 years - starting off as an intern in the ticket office. At age 63 we are happy he can step down and are celebrating his time at Florida.

Story here for those interested.
Agree completely Bazza. He was outstanding and will surely be missed but no one is in a panic mode. Hopefully, UF will find another AD that will be close to as good as Foley.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Florida athletics has certainly been in good hands for a while now. Any word on his replacement?
Thanks B1G!

No official word on a replacement but we have some legitimate internal candidates who will probably be considered.

Keep in mind Mr. Foley will remain as AD until October 1st, so there is plenty of time for a smooth transition.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I too have always admired and respected what Mal Moore and Bill Battle have done for the University of Alabama athletics.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
He helped build an overall powerhouse across the board in all sports, fall and spring. Any success we've had in other sports has always felt like it was in spite of our AD, not because of our AD. I've never made it a secret that I wish Alabama could find an athletic director who had a grasp of the overall picture in terms of an athletic department.

Enjoy the next chapter, CJF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Thanks B1G!

No official word on a replacement but we have some legitimate internal candidates who will probably be considered.

Keep in mind Mr. Foley will remain as AD until October 1st, so there is plenty of time for a smooth transition.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I too have always admired and respected what Mal Moore and Bill Battle have done for the University of Alabama athletics.
Any chance they go after Greg McGarity at UGA? He's a Georgia alum but served under Foley for a long time.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Any chance they go after Greg McGarity at UGA? He's a Georgia alum but served under Foley for a long time.

I would think we'd look for someone younger. I also wouldn't think McGarity would be interested in the move, unless he's getting heat at UGA. With the CKS hire, it would seem that McGarity would have what he needs now to get their football team into the playoffs (?)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.