Former DL Byron Holdbrooks Passed Away

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
It's sad to learn of his passing . Byron was often thought to be one the strongest guys , if not the strongest player , on campus during those years .

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I grew up with and played ball with Byron at Haleyville. He was kind of caught up in the being recruited and signed by Perkins and survived the Curry era. His Sr. year was coach Stallings first and he had a very good year. RIP Byron.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I grew up with and played ball with Byron at Haleyville. He was kind of caught up in the being recruited and signed by Perkins and survived the Curry era. His Sr. year was coach Stallings first and he had a very good year. RIP Byron.
this one was hard to hear. i was a year behind him at haleyville and knew him well. way too young.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Go to the 27 second mark:

My first Alabama memory. RIP, Byron. :frown:
thanks for that. i still remember his "pose" after the sack. i loved seeing that as we didn't have a lot of folks out of haleyville make it to div 1. his cousin from haleyville, jon, was a year younger than byron and played at auburn (as a defensive end i think).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.