**** 4 * WR Tyrell Shaver SIGNS with Alabama ****

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: 4 * WR Tyrell Shaver commits to Alabama

His measurables and speed sound very similar to Martavis Bryant of the Pittsburgh Steelers (he played at Clemson in college). I love that we've had an alpha dog receiver since CNS has been here - Julio, Cooper and now Ridley. Shaver might be the next in line..

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Welcome and RTR Tyrell. This guy reminds me of DGB, hopefully w/o the baggage. Mis-match waiting to happen.

Agreed. Add Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith and call it a day.
Ruggs and Collins are in the mix too. it all depends who pulls the trigger first. space is filing up quickly, staff will most likely take first come first serve approach. no one knows the exact pecking order on their board so it will be interesting to see who they accept in the next few months ahead.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Ruggs and Collins are in the mix too. it all depends who pulls the trigger first. space is filing up quickly, staff will most likely take first come first serve approach. no one knows the exact pecking order on their board so it will be interesting to see who they accept in the next few months ahead.
Great point on the in-state guys. I don't see us taking 4 more WR's when we have no seniors (Foster and Stewart could go pro but don't see either doing it yet). It will be interesting to see what the pecking order will be. I am wondering if Shavers may have taken Collins spot for the big WR or do we take two.

Edit: the graduate transfer Gerhig will be a senior.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Great point on the in-state guys. I don't see us taking 4 more WR's when we have no seniors (Foster and Stewart could go pro but don't see either doing it yet). It will be interesting to see what the pecking order will be. I am wondering if Shavers may have taken Collins spot for the big WR or do we take two.

Edit: the graduate transfer Gerhig will be a senior.
Raheem Falkins is listed as a senior, too. Look at what the 2017 WR depth will be: 3 seniors, 3 juniors (Ridley being one, which means he's gone to NFL after 2017), and 2 sophomores. I can see Bama possibly taking 5 if Ruggs, Collins, Smith and Jeudy wanted to commit primarily to add depth at the position for 2018 and 2019.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: **** 4 * WR Tyrell Shaver commits to Alabama ****

I was bored so I was watching videos of our commitments & didnt realize just how good of a WR Tyrell truly is, after watching a few of his highlight videos, it left me scratching my head as to why he's not ranked higher..

With his size & speed it's should be illegal to ask one high school CB to cover Tyrell, then when you factor in his ability to time his jumps, at just the right time, to catch the ball at its highest point it takes him to "Beast Mode" level by himself in this year's recruiting class ..As tall as he is combined with his speed, his videos reminds me of Julio, when Julio was coming out of high school..

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Yea shavers has been overlooked. This wr class could be one of the strongest Saban has brought in, espcially if we add ruggs and/or smith.

atlbama

2nd Team
Nov 18, 2005
Dunwoody, GA

6'6" with a 36" vertical leap and 4.38 laser timed 40! :eek: Dude can almost headbutt the rim in basketball!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

6'6" with a 36" vertical leap and 4.38 laser timed 40! :eek: Dude can almost headbutt the rim in basketball!
Have we ever had anyone at WR with those measurables? Been watching Bama football for many years and can`t recall anyone.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Julio would be close, 3 in. shorter, a few #s heavier maybe and about the same speed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

At about the 1 minute mark he puts a double move on the corner back and breaks wide open.

Taller guys don't always look as fast because they take such long strides...might be the case with TS.

His QB also isn't the best so he had to make lots of circus catches, which shows he can, but he was constantly having to adjust rather than run the route.

One thing for sure, you can't teach size like that. Going against DBs who are typically 6-8 inches shorter will be a huge advantage!!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

At about the 1 minute mark he puts a double move on the corner back and breaks wide open.

Taller guys don't always look as fast because they take such long strides...might be the case with TS.

His QB also isn't the best so he had to make lots of circus catches, which shows he can, but he was constantly having to adjust rather than run the route.

One thing for sure, you can't teach size like that. Going against DBs who are typically 6-8 inches shorter will be a huge advantage!!!
Exactly..I agree 100% with all of you..Besides his quickness & pure "Football Speed" when he gets the ball..

His ability to time his jump to go up high getting the ball at its highest point is the best I've seen since Julio came out of high school..

I know *'s aren't important, but, I don't think there's a better WR than Tyrell in this recruiting class in the entire country..

It's a great great time watching our Crimson Tide Football as "The Process" continues..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.