Calvin Ridley compared to A Cooper and J Jones

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Will as much be expected of Calvin Ridley in the next 2 years as Alabama got from Julio and Amari? Looking at Freshman stats:

Cooper: 59 catches, 1000 yards, 11 TDs
Jones: 58 catches, 924 yards, 4 TDs

Ridley: 89 catches, 1045 yards, 7 TDs

I realize offensive styles, coaches, etc change/evolve. Does Ridley have the same talent level?

Side note: I saw that he is a bit older than the average true sophomore and that he and Cooper are only 6 months apart. yet, Cooper already has a year of the NFL under his belt.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I think Ridley's talent is absolutely on par with Cooper's, and their size, explosiveness and style remind me of each other's. As for Julio's talent level, there are maybe 2 or 3 receivers in the NFL that at are at or near his level of talent, so it's really not fair to Calvin in that regard.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just.. no... Can we let Ridley finish his career at UA before we do this? Every situation is different and it depend on the personnel they had at that time. This year we'll be expected to throw the ball around to different receivers. WE have Robert Foster, OJ Howard, Calvin Ridley, Gehrig Dieter, Ardarius Stewart.... That's load of talents right there.... This will be very balanced team so of course there is possibility the stats will drop but his talent level will always be there.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Will as much be expected of Calvin Ridley in the next 2 years as Alabama got from Julio and Amari? Looking at Freshman stats:

Cooper: 59 catches, 1000 yards, 11 TDs
Jones: 58 catches, 924 yards, 4 TDs

Ridley: 89 catches, 1045 yards, 7 TDs

I realize offensive styles, coaches, etc change/evolve. Does Ridley have the same talent level?

Side note: I saw that he is a bit older than the average true sophomore and that he and Cooper are only 6 months apart. yet, Cooper already has a year of the NFL under his belt.
There's a sizable thread on this topic already -- if you search cooper and ridley you can see what has already been written.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.