What Gun Reform would you suggest?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Not to mention that anyone who thinks the military, police, etc would be a united force against the citizens is out of touch.
Exactly. Liberals tend to have easy fix solutions to everything but yet none that would actually solve any problems.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
You want to get some idea of what things will be like. Watch The Walking Dead series. Throw out all the zombies and you are left with 300+ million people stealing food, water, shelter, weapons, etc from each other with no one defending anyone but themselves. I know this seems far fetched but you think humans are evil now. Take away their food, water, medicine and posessions and see how evil they get.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah, because it will stand up real good against a drone firing at your house (this argument is where the gun rights folks do lose me).
I will concede that. There have been reports that this POTUS has taken out US citizens in foreign countries without due process by drone strikes.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You want to get some idea of what things will be like. Watch The Walking Dead series. Throw out all the zombies and you are left with 300+ million people stealing food, water, shelter, weapons, etc from each other with no one defending anyone but themselves. I know this seems far fetched but you think humans are evil now. Take away their food, water, medicine and posessions and see how evil they get.
So the circumstance which justifies unrestricted access to assault-type weapons is, literally, the zombie apocalypse? Okay.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
So the circumstance which justifies unrestricted access to assault-type weapons is, literally, the zombie apocalypse? Okay.
Should have known you would have quoted the one specific part I said to leave out. Typical Liberal follow up question. Smh

Last edited:

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
And when have I ever used the term unrestricted access or said assault weapons should be readily available to anyone? You people just make this crap up as you go. Its unreal. No wonder the uneducated masses have no clue.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I said yesterday anyone on their list or who has been investigated in the past should immediately be put on a 30 day waiting list and have to complete a more detailed check. To me thats a no brainer.
It's a good first step, no doubt, and I applaud the move. But I feel that people currently on these lists just shouldn't be allowed to buy guns, period.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I don't trust the lists enough to make constitutional rights contingent upon not being on them. It's far too easy to harass political opponents with bureaucracy.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Should have known you would have quoted the one specific part I said to leave out. Typical Liberal follow up question. Smh
With or without zombies, your underlying point is ridiculous. If the government breaks down and violent anarchy takes over with roaming gangs pillaging the countryside, how long do you expect your limited ammo to protect you? The argument is just as preposterous as thinking that your AR-15 will protect you from tyrannical drone strikes.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I don't trust the lists enough to make constitutional rights contingent upon not being on them. It's far too easy to harass political opponents with bureaucracy.
Although I don't share your suspicion, I understand this stance.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Exactly. And too easy to add someone to a list you dont like.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
With or without zombies, your underlying point is ridiculous. If the government breaks down and violent anarchy takes over with roaming gangs pillaging the countryside, how long do you expect your limited ammo to protect you? The argument is just as preposterous as thinking that your AR-15 will protect you from tyrannical drone strikes.
It will protect me and my family a whole lot longer than those who are sitting at home on there hands waiting for their savior "the government" to swoop in and protect them.

And who ever said I have limited ammo? I live in the deep south. Where I am from there is no such thing. And my point is far from ridiculous and unfortunately much more in line with reality than you have any clue of what will be going down. Keep trusting in the government to save you, my kind will have a back up plan and we will not need the pres or congress approval when the time comes to protect our homes and families.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Maybe he thought the 2nd amendment read, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State during a Zombie Apocalypse, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." ;)

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
It depends on how long my reloading supplies last and how many rounds I already have loaded. Right now I'd say 4,000 is enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.