What Gun Reform would you suggest?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Look, we've been down this road - he thinks that registering all future gun sales will somehow work, despite there being an estimated 300 million unregistered guns already in circulation.

He also ignores that without mandatory firearms registration of all existing firearms (which is impossible) you can never eliminate private sales - an unregistered firearm is easy to sell privately if both parties agree to a sale date prior to the new law.

Ultimately, his suggestions are merely parroting the gun-grabbers while trying to sound reasonable. There's no logic there.
This. It's been over a decade since I bought a firearm from any business. All of mine have been through private transactions, and that's how I prefer to sell them

To me, a gun is a tool, just like a hammer. How any hammers does a person need?

Last edited:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
This. It's been over a decade since I bought a firearm from any business. All of mine have been through private transactions, and that's how I prefer to sell them

As many as he wants. After all owning a hammer doesn't make you more likely to use one of them to hurt someone.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Don't add a law until you've tried enforcing the ones on the books already. In other words once they arrest and convict the reporter who falsified their 4473.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That's odd. That's what my wife asks me all the time. I explain that I need my 22 oz framing hammer, several 16 oz, and trim hammers down to 12 oz for finishing nails. Then I need my masonry hammer plus my one hand sledges and my big two hand sledges. A person needs a lot of hammers. She just doesn't understand. To her, a hammer is a hammer is a hammer... (BTW, everything I see looks like a nail.) :D

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That's odd. That's what my wife asks me all the time. I explain that I need my 22 oz framing hammer, several 16 oz, and trim hammers down to 12 oz for finishing nails. Then I need my masonry hammer plus my one hand sledges and my big two hand sledges. A person needs a lot of hammers. She just doesn't understand. To her, a hammer is a hammer is a hammer... (BTW, everything I see looks like a nail.) :D
What? No deadblow hammer?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Real Gun Sense: Tennessee Makes Proprietors of Gun-Free Zones Responsible For Injury While Disarmed

This Friday, Tennessee legislature will be making into law, SB 1736. The law will make those who make their private property a gun free zone lawfully responsible for any harm that befalls a licensed gun carrier as a result of being deprived of his or her weapon.
http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/06/29/no-more-gun-free-zones/

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Real Gun Sense: Tennessee Makes Proprietors of Gun-Free Zones Responsible For Injury While Disarmed

This Friday, Tennessee legislature will be making into law, SB 1736. The law will make those who make their private property a gun free zone lawfully responsible for any harm that befalls a licensed gun carrier as a result of being deprived of his or her weapon.
Makes as much sense as gun-free zones.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007

That is really pretty sensible, after all if you're so sure you are making everyone safer with gun free zones you should be on board, right? Especially when they are government sponsored.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
More, actually.
I like the idea as a political tool to demonstrate the absurdity of gun-free zones.

In practice, however, it limits private property rights when there is no need. The problem with gun free zones is when they are conceived and enforced by government, not private citizens on their own property. Don't like my private gun-free zone? Stay off my property!

The law attempts to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The law attempts to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
No, it prevents business owners from disallowing people from exercising a fundamental right. As long as we're going to have laws that force businesses to serve everyone, they should also respect our individual dis rights. If you force me to disarm, removing my ability to protect myself or my loved ones, then you take on that responsibility.

Note: I'm saying this as a business owner who believes private businesses should be able to serve whomever they choose...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I saw that yesterday and applaud it.

Today, in contrast, I see that Cinemark is suing the victims of the 2012 shooting in Aurora for $700,000 in legal fees. link
As bad as I feel for the shooting victims, I honestly can't blame Cinemark. I support being able to get the cost of your defense back if someone sues you and you are found not guilty/liable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.