Link: CFN:SEC Football: Way Too Early Wk 1 Predictions By Pete Fiutak

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He doesn't seem to be totally sold on Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know why anyone is sold on them.

Because they return a bunch of starters? Cool.

Because they ended the 2015 season well? Not hard when your opponents are trash...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I lived up there for eight years and they always bragged about how good they were in November. Not hard to have a good record when you play Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Honestly, with the questions we have on offense, I'd be totally fine with a tough 3-point win against a team like USCw. Saban would have TONS to work on in week 2, but we still won the game. Those are the teams he loves to coach.

Clemson scores 45+ on the barn and they don't have the horses to stay with Clemson offensively.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't know why anyone is sold on them.

Because they return a bunch of starters? Cool.

Because they ended the 2015 season well? Not hard when your opponents are trash...

I don't disagree with your points here - but I would also assume part of it is because the Vols lost narrowly to two of the four playoff teams (one in OT and one on the final possession) and let's face it......they gave OU that particular game. Of course, this same OU lost to Texas.

As far as Fiutak goes, well.......he picked OU to beat Clemson, 44-37 (he got the 37 right), picked the Irish to beat Clemson and picked us to maul Clemson so......he ain't exactly known for his predictive smarts anyway.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think the optimism about the Vols is partially propped up because Tennessee is traditionally a contender...they've been so bad so long some people feel like they are overdue to become a factor on the national level again.
My guess is that rebounding to being a mid-tier conference team is about the best the Vols fans can look forward to, but then maybe that's just my bias against them.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Post Bama thingy has been going on forever. Which is why they are the owner of one of the most incredible facts/stats in CFB history. They are the ONLY Division 1 team that has never lost more than seven games in a season. NEVER! EVER!

I thought that was going away in 1988 when the Bama loss put them at 0-6 on the year. Nope. Won the last 5 with Memphis State at 6-5 the only one of the five with a winning record.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Tennessee.htm

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think Southern Miss will upset Kentucky, Clemson will beat Auburn's brains out, Florida State will pound Ole Miss, and we'll be O.K. against USC if we pick the right QB.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
you get the full Banjeaux for that post.
:biggrin:

If a game will allow Auburn to embarrass Bama or invite some kind of comparison against big brother, The Barn will find a way when you least expect it. If the Barn was expected to do well this season (ranked in the top 5 to start), they would probably blow it. Never bet on or against a team who has made a deal with the Devil :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.