Gator Drowns Toddler At Disney World

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Gator Devours Toddler At Disney World

Since four gators were killed, will social media explode wanting to charge the parents with some crime? Will there be candlelight vigils like they had for the gorilla?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly no.

Never forget that man is the apex predator here.

We'll show those animals a thing or two about who is boss!

:rolleyes:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Reportedly there was a lifeguard that was alerted to the abduction. If there's no swimming signs posted, why was there a need for a lifeguard?

I agree a two year old in foot deep water is no big deal. I could see my daughter as a two year old having done that. Just the thought is horrible. :(

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Since four gators were killed, will social media explode wanting to charge the parents with some crime? Will there be candlelight vigils like they had for the gorilla?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a new pair of shoes for all the Kardashians.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Reportedly there was a lifeguard that was alerted to the abduction. If there's no swimming signs posted, why was there a need for a lifeguard?

I agree a two year old in foot deep water is no big deal. I could see my daughter as a two year old having done that. Just the thought is horrible. :(

I agree it is a horrible situation.

The lifeguard mentioned was on duty at the swimming pool, located just around the corner from the beach.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

We've had kids die from getting bacteria infections from swimming in ponds, lakes, and rivers here too.

IMHO, just not good practise to go into the water except for the ocean, gulf, or swimming pools.

Of course there are always sharks to consider as well....

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

Read an article in Fox News (I know it's Fox) but there were numerous incidents reported by staff members where people would feed two alligators from the balconies of their rooms but looking at the picture above from Jon, it looks like a long throw, possible but long. If it is true then you know why gators were that close.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I've stayed with my family at the Polynesian. I assumed the no swimming signs were because of the motorized boat traffic in the area. We sat on the beach to watch the fireworks. As many times as I've been to Florida, I've never seen an alligator. I'm very surprised to find out there are gators in Lake Buena Vista.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Sadly no.

Never forget that man is the apex predator here.

We'll show those animals a thing or two about who is boss!

:rolleyes:
That's herpetophobic!

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

My son is almost 2 and a half years old. The grief and sorrow would be unbearable. I'm sorry, playing in a foot of water is NOT swimming. This family was from Nebraska? No way they would have been thinking about alligators. This is terrible and tragic and I can't imagine Disney isn't majorly liable here.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

This is so sad. I feel so sorry for the parents, this is just a horrible situation. :(

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Body was found intact. I wouldn't have ever guessed that.:conf2:
(guess title has to change)

Not surprising to me.

Gators don't have the type of mouth and jaw strength to chew large prey ....they tend to swallow their prey more than chew on them. For larger prey especially, their MO is to drag them under first to drown them....and then find somewhere to stow them away for later consumption.

Also, the trappers who were summoned that evening immediately searched the immediate area and ended up killing 4 gators, any one of which was likely the one that attacked the toddler. In which case the toddler's body probably just remained in the state it was when left by the gator.

The body was supposedly found in about 6' of water approx. 15' out from the shore.

Prayers to the family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.