CNS and Recruiting

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just reading a little about our 2017 class and it's blowing me away at the amount of guys we've already got commitments for this early and the quality of those guys.

Looks like Feb. 2017 will be pretty boring again because the class will practically be filled up by the end of the year.

And, it would appear to me that CNS isn't thinking about going to the lake anytime soon. Could see a couple of NCs out of this class the way it is blowing up so early!

These are good times!!! :BigA:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Just reading a little about our 2017 class and it's blowing me away at the amount of guys we've already got commitments for this early and the quality of those guys.

Looks like Feb. 2017 will be pretty boring again because the class will practically be filled up by the end of the year.

And, it would appear to me that CNS isn't thinking about going to the lake anytime soon. Could see a couple of NCs out of this class the way it is blowing up so early!

These are good times!!! :BigA:
Most coaches slow down and go through a slump around this time...CNS seems to have taken recruiting to another level. I've never seen any school recruit this well for this long.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Most coaches slow down and go through a slump around this time...CNS seems to have taken recruiting to another level. I've never seen any school recruit this well for this long.
The impressive thing to me is the fact that we are now getting into a groove of recruiting well nationally ... especially on the west coast. We're reaching a point that many pundits argued that no program would be at due to all the parity in CFB. We've been fortunate to get top talent from Texas, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, the East Coast and now California.

With the exposure of making it to the CFP two years in a row and winning it this past year PLUS the great job our coaches are doing in recruiting ... it would be hard to see us not to continue to make good strides with top recruits nationally for the next few years.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The impressive thing to me is the fact that we are now getting into a groove of recruiting well nationally ... especially on the west coast. We're reaching a point that many pundits argued that no program would be at due to all the parity in CFB. We've been fortunate to get top talent from Texas, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, the East Coast and now California.

With the exposure of making it to the CFP two years in a row and winning it this past year PLUS the great job our coaches are doing in recruiting ... it would be hard to see us not to continue to make good strides with top recruits nationally for the next few years.
Think about it....these 17 year olds were 8 when CNS came to Bama...all they have known is Bama competing for championships, winning the same....and being on national television...etc. I never thought this would happen again in my lifetime...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Think about it....these 17 year olds were 8 when CNS came to Bama...all they have known is Bama competing for championships, winning the same....and being on national television...etc. I never thought this would happen again in my lifetime...
Paderuf, I`ve been watching Alabama football since `58. Believe me, it`s never been like this before. Not even under Coach Bryant. Just amazing.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
It's going to get more insane. 1 championship is a draw, 2 has them lining up, 3 and they are calling you. 4 and they are fighting to get in first. More championships and it will be literally laughable at Bama getting the pick of the litter.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The challenge will continue to be...trying to find the fellas that have something to prove....may not be as blessed physically, but play with a fire.

Arenas, Gentry, Norwood.....we need a handful of those guys....

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The challenge will continue to be...trying to find the fellas that have something to prove....may not be as blessed physically, but play with a fire.

Arenas, Gentry, Norwood.....we need a handful of those guys....
Nick Gentry. One of my personal favs. I always thought he would have been one of Coach Bryant`s favorite type of player.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Actually, most coaches who last this long at one school - even those considered to be good recruiters - usually hit their second[\i] slump right about now.

The usual trend is two, maybe three good to great classes - often mainly due to the new coach hype - followed by a couple of down classes. Then, if they do rebound, it's usually just the same cycle repeating.

Although, much of that cycling could be more attributable to assistant coaching turnover than the head coach, personally. Years three and four for a head coach who hits the ground running at a program are usually when you start to see a lot of turnover with assistant moving on to better jobs.

That's what is so amazing to me with Coach Saban; assistant coaching turnover doesn't seem to affect the Bama recruiting machine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.