Tejas Very Interested in Paul Mainieri

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
According to Kendall Rogers on Twitter. How would LSU being in the market affect Alabama?

@KendallRogersD1 #Texas interest in #LSU’s Paul Mainieri is very legitimate. #Horns brass has interviewed Mainieri in the past couple of days. Stay tuned.
Maybe Mainieri is interested in more money from LSU. If Texas does somehow get him before Bama hires someone, then it would not be good for Bama. Hoping that Ben Jones gives an interview to Gary Harris and can give some more information on the search at Bama. I say they better go ahead and sign someone soon.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think Mainieri is overrated. LSU really under performed this year and many other years. LSU fans are ready to burn him at the stake so I think they are willing to let him go. But I believe if LSU was in the market it really wouldn't hurt us. They would be reaching way higher than we will I imagine.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
This doesn't really surprise me at all. The coonarses believe with all of their heart that they should win the CWS every single year (with good reason, I guess). I would imagine if he left they'd feel like they (LSU) could do better.

With today's hot rumor that we are after either Godwin or Goff I don't see this affecting Alabama.

rtr

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
With today's hot rumor that we are after either Godwin or Goff I don't see this affecting Alabama.
Just heard Chris Stewart say on Tide99.1 that he thinks a new coach will be named before Monday. I am hoping its Cliff Godwin. He has more SEC experience.

Update: Chris just said he is pretty sure that we will know who the next head coach is by this time (1:45) tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.