Link: What Could Have Been: A'Shawn Robinson at TE

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From a 247 article about A'Shawn working at the jugs machine in practice:

Perhaps not surprisingly given his background, Robinson didn't make any mistakes, either. "I didn't drop any. It's 10 each one. 10 forward, 10 forward, 10 side, 10 side so it's 40," he said. "I played tight end in high school and I played tight end and fullback at Alabama."
Can we just spend a moment of this off season dreaming about A'Shawn running a route at TE in a game?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
A-Rob would've been a freak TE that's for sure..Another Bama Player I often fantasize about playing at a different position was Derek Henry..With his size & speed, could y'all imagine Henry playing a LB'er position on the D side of the ball, Henry would've laid a lot of hurt as a LB'er..It's fun imagining A-Rob as a TE & Henry as a LB'er that's for sure..

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
A-Rob would've been a freak TE that's for sure..Another Bama Player I often fantasize about playing at a different position was Derek Henry..With his size & speed, could y'all imagine Henry playing a LB'er position on the D side of the ball, Henry would've laid a lot of hurt as a LB'er..It's fun imagining A-Rob as a TE & Henry as a LB'er that's for sure..
From what I heard, alotta schools wanted DH for linebacker. But he wanted to play RB. So that's one of the reasons he came to Bama. Glad he did.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
From what I heard, alotta schools wanted DH for linebacker. But he wanted to play RB. So that's one of the reasons he came to Bama. Glad he did.
Can't say I blame those schools cause he would've been a great LB'er, but, I too am soooool thankful Henry came to Bame & became a "Generational RB" at Bama..

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Very impressive, just like everything else we've seen from A'Shawn. I still laugh remembering him leaping onto the ESPN interview set after the Clemson game- it looked like he was dropping from the sky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.