Link: Barrett Sallee's Optimistic, Pessimistic and Realistic Predictions for Every Team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link to BR slideshow

Link to slideshow already deslided

It's June, and you've probably just picked up that preseason preview magazine or downloaded one for your phone or tablet to peruse at the pool or the beach.

In it, you'll find a prediction for your team.

You might like it, you might hate it or you might agree with it completely.

Since there are still two more months of the offseason to go before toe meets leather, this slideshow is here to cover all of those emotions.

How great can your team be? How bad can it get? Our optimistic, pessimistic and realistic predictions for every SEC team based on returning talent, scheme and schedule are in this slideshow.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
He also seems inexplicably high on Auburn. Yes, "high" is the right word. ;)
He's an AU grad. I think he tries to be objective, and is convinced that he is, but his partiality shows in almost anything he says or writes. And yes, I thought he was biased before I discovered "from whence he matriculated" 😊.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's an AU grad. I think he tries to be objective, and is convinced that he is, but his partiality shows in almost anything he says or writes. And yes, I thought he was biased before I discovered "from whence he matriculated" ��.
Makes sense cause I thought he was way too favorable in the optimistic. But the reality is just about where Auburn usually lands: 8-4.

Can't fault him on his pick of UT over Bama. If you are looking for a loss to give us, it's a reasonable one, I guess, based on the way they played us last year and the fact they get us at home.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't see Auburn beating LSU. Look at their respective schedules leading into the game:

Auburn
Clemson
Arkansas State
Texas A&M

LSU
Wisconsin (in Green Bay)
Jacksonville State
Mississippi State

We all agree TAMU is a tougher opponent than Mississippi State, right?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Makes sense cause I thought he was way too favorable in the optimistic. But the reality is just about where Auburn usually lands: 8-4.

Can't fault him on his pick of UT over Bama. If you are looking for a loss to give us, it's a reasonable one, I guess, based on the way they played us last year and the fact they get us at home.
I didn't mean that every statement is wrong or biased, but, IMO, most of what he says is colored by his AU bias. He often praises Bama now, but how can you not and retain an ounce of self-respect or credibility. But it is often watered down, "faint praise", or with a caveat or.... At the same time he usually presents an optimistic scenario for AU.

Again, I think he tries to be objective and thinks that he is, but, IMO, his bias often bleeds through. I think some people can put their allegiances aside. I could not and neither can Sallee.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Again, I think he tries to be objective and thinks that he is, but, IMO, his bias often bleeds through. I think some people can put their allegiances aside. I could not and neither can Sallee.
Yeah, I would have a tough time being perfectly objective, too. I have the same take on Sallee; I think he tries to be objective and I don't hold his bias against him - it's not that bad, really. At least he's not Travis or Cowherd.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't see Auburn beating LSU. Look at their respective schedules leading into the game:

Auburn
Clemson
Arkansas State
Texas A&M

LSU
Wisconsin (in Green Bay)
Jacksonville State
Mississippi State

I think Mullen is a better coach than Sumlin. But Sumlin has more talent as his disposal.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Auburn
Clemson
Arkansas State
Texas A&M

LSU
Wisconsin (in Green Bay)
Jacksonville State
Mississippi State

unless Auburn finds a way to slow Fournette down, its going to be the same result. Brandon Harris may or may not improve, but it doesn't matter if LF is toting the ball. LSU returns lots of players from both sides of the ball. the game is in Auburn which might keep it closer this time around, but I don't see them losing to Auburn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.