Link: Gregg Goff Expected to be Named Alabama Baseball Coach

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It was kind of weird. I didn't read it that closely the first time and did not see the dad was a CC coach. I wonder if the barn coach wants more than just this guy's son.

He talks about how important it is to have relationships and he won't give Goff the courtesy of having him over for a visit? I wonder if there is some bad blood from his Montevallo days.

And as someone who has worked in grocery stores for years, leaving a full buggy of stuff for somebody else to put up is just plain rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
It was kind of weird. I didn't read it that closely the first time and did not see the dad was a CC coach. I wonder if the barn coach wants more than just this guy's son.

He talks about how important it is to have relationships and he won't give Goff the courtesy of having him over for a visit? I wonder if there is some bad blood from his Montevallo days.

And as someone who has worked in grocery stores for years, leaving a full buggy of stuff for somebody else to put up is just plain rude.

If they're going to become aubies, they have to start somewhere, right?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Was thinking the same thing... Sounds like the family only cares about themselves and this kid is going to nothing but trouble.. ME ME ME ME ME... Auburn can have him.

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
I read the article and something that really disappoints me is the way this father, who is definitely leading the decision making here, made the complete switch to Auburn on the day Alabama names a new head coach. Think about it, whats the rush? Signing date isn't until November. If you have any credibility why not wait and talk to the new coach at the school you have been a fan of and "committed" to. And its pretty obvious Goff has a winning history and also is an excellent pitching coach. Whats the hurry to announce the switch? Was our previous staff and pitching coach better than whats coming in? Really, I think not. It does seem to me to be an obvious personal history between the two, as someone mentioned before, and possibly a promise of a position at Auburn? Seems to me the dad is looking at what best for him and using his son to get there. I certainly hope that's not the case.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
The barn gave his brother a baseball managers scholarship. That's why the flip. Would love to see burns recruit more local kids/talent. He's in the center of a hotbed of talent, yet in my opinion...don't utilize it.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Sounds like Pop Burns needs to better tend to bidness up there at Jorgie Posada Tech (honestly, I thought Calhoun had dropped their baseball program). Obviously an axe of some sort to grind, given the timing of the son's flip - so the Barn's got the best pitching coach in the state, according to the omniscient dugout jockey from Calhoun, but how does Pop know Goff ain't bringing 'Gator Guidry with him from Louisiana as 'Bama's new pitching coach? Petty and pouting stuff out of Morgan County.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
"Goff: Our No. 1 goal is recruiting. Every player in this state will hear from me within 48 hours." My son must be a different kind of player...4 days out and we/he didn't hear anything. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.