Link: Gregg Goff Expected to be Named Alabama Baseball Coach

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

The Tuscaloosa News has learned Greg Goff is expected to be named the University of Alabama’s new head baseball coach.

Goff arrives at Alabama after two years as head coach at Louisiana Tech. He led the Bulldogs to a 42-20 record this season and an NCAA regional berth, where they were defeated in the regional final by host Mississippi State.

Louisiana Tech went 25-27 in his first season in 2015, giving him a 67-47 record during his time in Ruston. The Bulldogs hadn’t made the NCAA tournament since 1987 before this season.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Looking at his past, he has pretty much made winners where ever he has been. BUT, the SEC isn't the same as everywhere else.

On a side note, no one should flame Godwin for not coming here. He has built a winner at his alma mater and I for one applaud him for staying there. Kudos to him for not jumping at the offer from the "big time".

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Yep hard to fuss against his record, that's for sure. Sudden improvement is nice, we'll need him to sustain it too.
On that note, does anyone know what the situation at Campbell was before he stepped in? That rebuild took a while, but of course, he might've inherited a mess.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
On that note, does anyone know what the situation at Campbell was before he stepped in? That rebuild took a while, but of course, he might've inherited a mess.
The link in the original post gives some insight into the Campbell situation prior to his arrival. He won a championship while at Montevallo. I hope he hits the ground recruiting and maybe he even has a few guys he can bring with him. I don't know much about him but he is my new favorite baseball coach.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
The link in the original post gives some insight into the Campbell situation prior to his arrival. He won a championship while at Montevallo. I hope he hits the ground recruiting and maybe he even has a few guys he can bring with him. I don't know much about him but he is my new favorite baseball coach.
Ah, ok. Yeah, that's a reeeally bad situation haha. Folks here wouldn't want to wait 4 seasons for a breakthrough (with a downturn in year 3), but we're not exactly in 19 wins followed by 11 wins territory. ;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm excited also and think we are bringing a winner in that will get us in the tournament every year even with our scholarship limitations.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Presser happening now...

Goff: Our No. 1 goal is recruiting. Every player in this state will hear from me within 48 hours.
Goff: This is one of the best facilities in the country. Recruits that visit won't leave uncommitted.
Goff: We should be hosting regionals.
Goff: The Grandslammers Club is a vital resource.

Last edited:

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
I was a bit underwhelmed by the hire at first, but there's no doubting the passion and energy he's going to bring to the program! I can't wait to watch the next couple of seasons!

And my sons really hope his daughters wind up at their school...

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
This is a great hire. This guy does not play around, period. The current players on the roster are going to be in for a rude awakening on how the culture of the program is going to change.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.