Gun Sales Surge Among Gays

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-surge-after-orlando-shooting/

Not surprising. Good for them - they have a target on their back.

Gun sales are surging in the wake of Sunday’s deadly mass shooting in Orlando, Fla. The tragedy is generating new debate over gun control reform and the right to bear arms.

Gun shops typically see a spike in customers after mass shootings. But this time, many are seeing shoppers they’ve never really seen before: More gays and lesbians.

George Horne, the owner of The Gun Room, Denver’s oldest firearms dealer, said Tuesday business is booming at his store.

"For this time of year I’d say its three to four times what we normally have," he said.

“I think right now because of what happened, people are looking for answers,” he said. “You walk into a gun shop and you expect to see people, frankly, who look like me. I think we forget we’re a country of all people, not just people who fit that predetermined mold.”

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.

Dozens of new chapters are springing up, including one Smith is creating in Colorado Springs. He said it’s something he feels compelled to do, even though he’s heterosexual.

“I look at it as a disenfranchised minority that needs someone who’s willing to say I’m a resource who’s here and willing to help,” he said.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Glad to hear it. As with anyone purchasing a firearm for protection, I hope they all seek training. Pink Pistols exists for a reason - the LGBT community has long been targeted and hopefully this sad situation will help some of them realize that they don't have to be victims...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Good for them.

Hopefully, they will also join the NRA to protect their 2nd amendment rights.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
You can clearly see how much ideology of the left trumps everything in their reaction to Trump. He actually has always been very supportive of the LGBT community and has often stuck up for them for years. Too bad they don't even give opposition a listen.

This is a blanket statement but it covers the vast majority of people in the gay community. Republican=Evil no matter what. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
You can clearly see how much ideology of the left trumps everything in their reaction to Trump. He actually has always been very supportive of the LGBT community and has often stuck up for them for years. Too bad they don't even give opposition a listen.

This is a blanket statement but it covers the vast majority of people in the gay community. Republican=Evil no matter what. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm no fan of the Establishment Republicans. But every election it's something. Romney battled "Occupy Wall Street" in the PR department. Where did those people go after the election? They seem to have disappeared into thin air. Now it's "Black Lives Matter." Our electoral process has been bastardized by a willing media. Politics is ugly and it seems there's only one side continuing to fight the battle.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I'm no fan of the Establishment Republicans. But every election it's something. Romney battled "Occupy Wall Street" in the PR department. Where did those people go after the election? They seem to have disappeared into thin air. Now it's "Black Lives Matter." Our electoral process has been bastardized by a willing media. Politics is ugly and it seems there's only one side continuing to fight the battle.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.