Blog: Latest Bama News 6/17/2016 Thru 6/19/2016 Weekend Edition

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
[FONT=&quot]Court appearance postponed for Bama's Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL-rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to the Monroe County District Attorney’s office, the hearing for Alabama football players Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones was postponed Thursday at the request of their defense attorney.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]No way for us to know exactly why a continuance was requested, but since Saban has said that he will let the legal system play out prior to handing down any punishment, expect the conspiracy theorists to be out in full throat. Odds are still strong that this is plead down, but if not then a mid-January trial date works just fine.[/FONT]

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
The Read Option

2017 three-star Iowa defensive tackle Juan Harris has now decommitted from the Hawkeyes three different times in the course of a year and a half. Three decommits from three different schools has been pulled off before, but accomplishing it three times with a single program is a rare feat.

A timeline of the 6'4, 368-pounder:

• December 2014: Harris commits to Iowa over Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. He’s quoted as saying, "What type of man would I be if I commit, then decommit?" (That sounds funny in retrospect, but all high schoolers say regrettable things at all hours. Source: was a high schooler.)
  • January 2015: Harris decommits from Iowa, citing family disagreement. According to 247Sports, he names Alabama, Ohio State and Oregon as his top three "despite not having offers from any of the three schools." (Still well within the bounds of things high schoolers say.)
  • January 2015: Harris commits to Iowa, saying his family is on the same page now.
  • March 2015: Harris decommits from Iowa shortly after claiming a Michigan offer,saying, "I'm going to wait things out." (Wise.)
  • June 2015: Harris commits to Iowa, tweeting, "Blessed and honored to say I am officially committing to The University Of Iowa."
  • June 2016: Harris decommits from Iowa, tweeting, "I want to thank the Iowa staff for being true and supportive of me this past year. I am de-committing and going to re-evaluate." (Good to do so.)
Being a high schooler is hard. Being a high schooler facing a public career decision is pretty hard, too, not that I’d know anything about doing that. So while this is surely frustrating for Iowa fans and coaches, these things happen. They don’t happen to this degree and frequency, but they happen.
At this point, our Iowa blog was left with no option other than creating a Juan Harris Commit/Decommit Mad Libs.
Congratulations in advance on his signing with the Hawkeyes, because he's just done the most Kirk Ferentz thing of all: gone for three.

Elsewhere!

The plan to kill divisions in basically every conference. The Pac-12 one is my favorite.
Art Briles fires back at Baylor. Conceivable the two could meet in court.
Bill C team of the day: North Carolina, which kind of finally met expectations for once and now has to follow up on that!
OTHER CROOTIN’

Oregon’s new thing is calling up FCS QBs. This year’s has sort of followed part of the Baker Mayfield career path.
If Hines Ward says Georgia should start a true freshman at QB, guess that’s that.
The Shutdown Fullcast’s ludicrous season preview series adds predictions and nonsense statements about Auburn, Maryland, Ohio State, Texas and Washington State.
Podcast Ain’t Played Nobody talks sneaky high-pressure games like Penn State-Pitt and Texas A&M-Auburn.
The first question for LSU’s offense might not be QB, despite the everlasting hollering about the Tigers’ pretty good quarterback. Offensive line is at least as interesting.
NC State is improving and all, but it’s about time to beat a team with a pulse.
Al Golden says he’s happy to be gone from Miami. Miami fans happen to return the feeling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.