All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: Maurice Smith Transferring; Alabama will not grant release to UGA

Lovefest officially over - season about to start - shut up Kirby before we jack slap you punk :D

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

It's my understanding that this is an SEC rule, not a Saban rule. Am I missing something?? As for Maurice's mommy.....smh, wow, just wow. Be a man, Maurice and transfer to Texas or Louisville. You are not going to uga....or any other SEC school.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio

If he didn't want it to escalate, he and his mother probably shouldn't have called Saban out in the national media in an effort to force his hand.

I'm sure he's really improved his playing time now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At this point, he HAS to transfer. This whole thing has gotten out of hand.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

At this point, he HAS to transfer. This whole thing has gotten out of hand.
I think so too

Also, I've got no hard feelings for Kirby Smart despite this transfer nonsense. He was a huge part of our program for 9yrs. I wish him the best of luck at Georgia, except against us. I think it is regrettable that he is taking this stance to cater to the crowd, but I don't suddenly think he is a dishonorable person...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm not blaming this on Kirby, Coach Saban . I'm blaming his parent for getting involved and creating a drama situation that could've been avoided easily. This article was told by one side to paint a positive picture for Maurice. It sounds like Whole thing escalated to the point where this became a negative story for all parties involved. I have hard time understanding why his parents had a discussion with his coach without Smith's knowledge? At his point, Smith is better off just transferring to Miami or somewhere outside SEC and be done with it.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

What it looks like to me is Maurice misunderstood the graduate transfer rule and once he and his mom found out they were wrong they just figured they could use the media to bully CNS into giving them what they wanted. If he knew he wanted out to follow Kirby he could have always left after the fall semester, taken a redshirt year for 2016-17, and then played his senior season at UGA. But no, he thought if he graduated at the end of the summer he could just use the graduate transfer rule and be-bop over to Athens and play right away. He didn't realize CNS could veto that, or at least he thought CNS would just rubber stamp it because he had his degree. Poor planning on his part. It's like i tell people at work: Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Maurice, all the negativity associated with all this you brought on yourself by going to the media and/or letting your mother go to the media. If you're going to call CNS's bluff then you have to be prepared to live with the consequences.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I have a feeling most Bama fans will be back in Smart's corner on October 1 and November 12.

Smith just needs to throw in the towel on this and find somewhere else to play.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

i am tired of this story. i would rather talk about the hat thread, white helmets, or the bag man.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Well, as I understand it he can transfer to uga if the wants to. He just has to pay his own way the first year and set-out a year. He just does not appear to want to pay the price for what he desires.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I believe Mo, his mom, and Kirby felt going public would force Saban's hand on the situation. It did, but not the way they wanted. He's not about to let Mo walk to UGA after all of this mess.

His mom says she couldn't enjoy him being the first to graduate in the family because they have to endure this. I'll just remind her Nick Saban didn't object to him enduring this mess at Miami.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

So she wants Saban to break the rules? Got it.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

he thinks he can just dig his feet in and that he will get what he wants. i guess we will see
Doesn't bode well for him that he has to call his mom in to do his negotiating for him.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

So she wants Saban to break the rules? Got it.
Saban wouldn't be breaking a rule. Saban just has the approve the transfer (that's the rule.) No way that's happening at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.