Happy Fathers Day!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Just a quick nod to all our dads. Enjoy your dad and appreciate the love.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Ty, VJ. Spent day with family and although my son (about to graduate from Alabama) wasn't here. FD is something special, and every day when I wake up, I thank my dad for making me the man I am today!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Kind of a downer day. My BIL is passing away. His granddaughter, my great niece, is with him at the nursing home and keeping us posted...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sorry for your loss. My dad is 85 and I'm thankful for every day he is still here. It took me until later in adulthood to realize what he taught me about honor, respect and responsibility.
thanks. I was only 22 when he died. It happened my first year of architecture school. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Thanks, VJ. Had a great day. All my girls, my father, and my two grandsons came over for lunch.

My middle daughter and I took a morning hike in the Kennesaw National Battlefield Park to the Illinois Monument at the "Dead Angle". Special.

Hope you had a good one, too.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Lost my Dad when I was 14 but the way I look at it - I'm grateful to have even known the man - unlike some kids who never even get to know their father.

Sure I wish he was around in later years....but I feel his presence around me all the time FWIW.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Lost my Dad when I was 14 but the way I look at it - I'm grateful to have even known the man - unlike some kids who never even get to know their father.

Sure I wish he was around in later years....but I feel his presence around me all the time FWIW.
My parents divorced in 1960 and I didn't hear from my dad again. In 1989 I received word that he had died and I got the chance to attend his funeral. I went, of course, just to say Goodbye.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was 19 and at UA. A police officer met me coming out of a class and directed me to a stairwell where my mother told me. Certainly a life-changing moment.
I was also at UA and coming out of class when I saw my brother's CPA partner coming for me. Of course, I knew what had happened, since my dad was unwell...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.