Happy Fathers Day!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I was also at UA and coming out of class when I saw my brother's CPA partner coming for me. Of course, I knew what had happened, since my dad was unwell...
As you can tell, my dad's death was sudden. He was 51 and collapsed at work (massive heart attack). It feels strange at times going through life events without a dad (i.e. not having someone who can advise about marriage, kids, etc.). My dad's dad died when my dad was 8. I hope I don't continue the trend.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As you can tell, my dad's death was sudden. He was 51 and collapsed at work (massive heart attack). It feels strange at times going through life events without a dad (i.e. not having someone who can advise about marriage, kids, etc.). My dad's dad died when my dad was 8. I hope I don't continue the trend.
I know the feeling, since I was 18. My dad had had his first heart attack when he was 53, but survived. He died at 63, but he was totally disabled the last two years of his life, which is what I meant by his being "unwell." His death was no surprise, but it's always a shock...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I know the feeling, since I was 18. My dad had had his first heart attack when he was 53, but survived. He died at 63, but he was totally disabled the last two years of his life, which is what I meant by his being "unwell." His death was no surprise, but it's always a shock...
The silver lining (I guess) is that my dad avoided the disability years. He would've likely been disabled at some point because he was a diabetic (daily insulin injections).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My dad's death was an absolute shock. He was only 50. He was never sick. He just got up to go to work that day and died. He was av ery stubborn man and hated doctors, so if he even was sick he would let anyone know. The day before he died he had told people at work he "felt rough" and blamed it on drinking too much over the weekend. My dad's dad died 5 weeks later from cancer. He had been sick, so when I got pulled out of class I assumed it was my grandfather that had passed. My first year was about as bad as it can get. I am 41 now and it is very much in my head that 50 isn't that far away. My dad's dad was 54 when he had his first heart attack and his dad died in his 50's of a heart attack. I get regular check-ups. I don't smoke. I don't drink (anymore). I bike and exercise regularly. I try to eat healthy. Hopefully I can break this bad habit of the men in my family. My mom's side seems to live forever though. Most of the men on my mom's side live at least passed 80.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.