Blog: Latest Bama News 6/20/2016 Thru 6/23/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Report: How the NFL could help college football reform satellite camps - CBSSports.com/-rbr
The first is a drastic change, which would eliminate team-sponsored joint camps and instead create NCAA-sponsored camps that would be hosted at NFL training facilities or high schools; any coach would be allowed to attend. Camps on college campuses would not go away, but coaches from other schools would no longer be able to attend them.
rbr opThe NCAA doesn't appear to be done with the satellite camp issue, but that first nugget about an extended signing period beginning on July 31 is particularly interesting. Players would be able to enjoy their senior seasons in relative peace, and would still have an out in case of a coaching staff change. On the flip side, schools are taking an injury risk by accepting the NLI before the player is done with high school football. The main concern with this rule is that some coaches may play hardball, telling a prospect to "sign now or I'm moving on" before the player has had the opportunity to take all of his visits. This would affect your three-star type prospects since the five-stars will always hold an offer most anywhere they want to go. What are your thoughts on the proposals?

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
[FONT=&quot]Derek Dooley shares vivid details about Nick Saban's maniacal work ethic | FOX Sports-/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I absolutely, as a young coach, loved the environment because it made me better. I knew I was getting better. I knew when I didn't perform to a standard he was going to confront me. And even though I would get upset, sometimes when he would confront me, there was very few times where at some level he wasn't right. I could have done this (one thing) better. "That environment was perfect for a guy like me. It is not good for many other coaches who didn't like it."[/FONT]
rbr op
[FONT=&quot]Interesting interview. Working for Saban has to be difficult, but those who do come out better for it.[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.