DA opts not to press charges on Cam and Hootie...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Where the other two guys in the car listed in the police report? If not, is that a falsification of a police report?
Nobody knows apparently because it was left out of the report. As for the latter I doubt it, but in a case like this I imagine it would get eat up in court to hear a lawyer ask the cop why it was left off and why weren't they charged along with "our two" since nobody had possession of what little dope there was in the car? I always thought everyone was charged or whoever it was by would get the charge and even then it's iffy that anything sticks. But him leaving it out on his report does make this interesting, makes you think he wanted to set these boys up.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: DA ops not to press charges on Cam and Hootie...

In most cases when the DA elects to not prosecute, the case is dead in the water.
In cases like this, yes it's dead. If it was maybe a murder or something then there would still be a chance, but in this case it died and we got the bat out and have beat it to death.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

As predicted the opposing fan comments have been vicious. One man's response on Roll Bama Roll was

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Had to fly out of town to argue a short notice appeal, and saw the news when I checked the college football feed on my phone as I settled in for the flight home...

Admittedly, I was probably a tad adrenalized from the day's proceedings, so, if anyone had asked, I suppose that may have helped those seated around me understand the fist pump - accompanied by a not-so-sotto "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS" as I read the news...

RTR Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

As for the comment by the DA, I think what his meaning was and what is being lamented since is different. I am quite sure he has people in front of him on a weekly basis that are repeat offenders and downright bad people in general. Apparently, Cam and Hootie have never been in trouble before and this guy did what he said: "Didn't ruin their lives." I expected the hacks of the world, Clay Travis, to jump all over this but what troubles me is the stance taken by Jay (I don't want to offend the barners) Barker. We know what to expect from Tony Kurre, who has no clue about anything, or Al Del Greco who is quite possibly the dumbest person in this state's media.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I can attest to this from personal experience. It doesn't have to be to shake people down. They can use this tactic if anything rubs them the wrong way. I was riding with a friend once who got stopped for speeding. He declined (very politely) the officer's offer to search his car. The officer got ....ed and suddenly, there was a strong odor of pot inside the vehicle. :rolleyes:
So that WAS you I saw on COPS Saturday night... :biggrin:

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

What gets me is NONE of the opposing fans have read the Al.com story where EVERYTHING is explained. All the hit articles have "forgotten" that as well. I guess the truth hurts and they don't want to see Cam out there (possibly) when we run out onto the field against U$C

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

In most cases when the DA elects to not prosecute, the case is dead in the water.
I seriously doubt they would waste any more resources on a case the DA opted to not prosecute, especially given the gun was ruled out, and trivial amount of marijuana involved.
and i'm sure that if there were two other people in the car and they weren't arrested along with Cam and Hootie, that only made it an even easier decision for the DA to make.

This issue is over from a legal standpoint.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

The truth of the matter is that ANY slip or perceived slip is license for every other fanbase to make a meal out of us - especially with copious amounts of blood already in the water thanks to Ole Miss, Baylor and Vanderbilt.

It's all bluster. They have nothing and their opinions don't change anything about the reality of the case or the reality that Cam Rabinson, barring injury, will be on the field in the fall and a likely 1st round draft pick in the winter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The truth of the matter is that ANY slip or perceived slip is license for every other fanbase to make a meal out of us - especially with copious amounts of blood already in the water thanks to Ole Miss, Baylor and Vanderbilt.
This is what people do the world over - judge others.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

This is what people do the world over - judge others.
We are not stainless from that on this board either. I know if this was happening to Ole Miss or Auburn I'd be likely to pile on and get in some punches. In the end, everyone knows how it'll go.

Still though, those guys are the worst. :wink:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

What gets me is NONE of the opposing fans have read the Al.com story where EVERYTHING is explained. All the hit articles have "forgotten" that as well. I guess the truth hurts and they don't want to see Cam out there (possibly) when we run out onto the field against U$C

I think you nailed it in your last sentence.

They are not interested in anything - like facts, for example, which would detract from their hating, or which doesn't fit their narrative...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I think you nailed it in your last sentence.

They are not interested in anything - like facts, for example, which would detract from their hating, or which doesn't fit their narrative...
Just another indication for the haters that confirms their belief that Nick Saban is indeed THE GREAT SATAN.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001

Upon second review - I think Cam and Jones have a case against the police... if nothing else it has affected their reputation. They've got a civil case there. Might be more stink that it's worth, but Robinson will have the, "who was arrested in the summer of 2016," attached to his name this season, at the NFL combine, etc.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Upon second review - I think Cam and Jones have a case against the police... if nothing else it has affected their reputation. They've got a civil case there. Might be more stink that it's worth, but Robinson will have the, "who was arrested in the summer of 2016," attached to his name this season, at the NFL combine, etc.
That will go away by then as long as he has no other issues and scouts are able to find out the truth. If what the defense attorney says is true, Cam should be fine.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Nobody knows apparently because it was left out of the report. As for the latter I doubt it, but in a case like this I imagine it would get eat up in court to hear a lawyer ask the cop why it was left off and why weren't they charged along with "our two" since nobody had possession of what little dope there was in the car? I always thought everyone was charged or whoever it was by would get the charge and even then it's iffy that anything sticks. But him leaving it out on his report does make this interesting, makes you think he wanted to set these boys up.
Well, only the Bama football players got charged. The other (presumable local Monroe non-players) occupants did not get charged, although they were as likely to be "in possession...

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

As for the comment by the DA, I think what his meaning was and what is being lamented since is different. I am quite sure he has people in front of him on a weekly basis that are repeat offenders and downright bad people in general. Apparently, Cam and Hootie have never been in trouble before and this guy did what he said: "Didn't ruin their lives." I expected the hacks of the world, Clay Travis, to jump all over this but what troubles me is the stance taken by Jay (I don't want to offend the barners) Barker. We know what to expect from Tony Kurre, who has no clue about anything, or Al Del Greco who is quite possibly the dumbest person in this state's media.
Jay is usually a sunshine pumper for Bama, which is great and he is a friend of mine. But sometimes the truth hurts. Tony Kurre does have a clue about many things, and Al Del Greco is probably one of the smartest people in the state media. Al is also very moderate and gives most issues an unbiased analysis, as good media people should. I value everyone's opinions on here, but if you have credible examples of why you think Al is the dumbest person in this state's media, please enlighten us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jay is usually a sunshine pumper for Bama, which is great and he is a friend of mine. But sometimes the truth hurts. Tony Kurre does have a clue about many things, and Al Del Greco is probably one of the smartest people in the state media. Al is also very moderate and gives most issues an unbiased analysis, as good media people should. I value everyone's opinions on here, but if you have credible examples of why you think Al is the dumbest person in this state's media, please enlighten us.
I may live in Montgomery, but I've listened to enough that show to believe you're not listening to the same Opening Drive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.