got hit by a car

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
my toe is broken, wrist is broken, toe, thumb and wrist has possible ligament damage. i have to go back and have a MRI. The doctor is pretty sure I have ligament damage. The MRI will confirm. I am waiting on an available time for MRI.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
my toe is broken, wrist is broken, toe, thumb and wrist has possible ligament damage. i have to go back and have a MRI. The doctor is pretty sure I have ligament damage. The MRI will confirm. I am waiting on an available time for MRI.
IOW, permanent injuries. Don't accept a quick settlement and get a good, reputable plaintiff's lawyer...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Ouch......best wishes sent your way, Design. Let us know if we can help out in anyway.

And obviously Earle gave really good advice....make sure you have a very good lawyer.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
IOW, permanent injuries. Don't accept a quick settlement and get a good, reputable plaintiff's lawyer...
i am not going to just accept any offer. if it is as bad as they are thinking, i am going to make sure i get lifetime care for this screwed up hand. i used to be ambidextrous, i guess maybe not so much now.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Watching that video again, I have to say, riding a bicycle on the dashed line between the two lanes of a four-lane highway is not the wisest thing to do. For exactly what happened: a lorry passes the biker and the air currents of a fast-moving lorry will buffet the biker, almost sucking him beneath the tyres. The biker should probably be on the outside of the outside lane, to give a trucker space to pass.
Not saying this guy deserved what happened, but if you don't want to be passed, bike in the middle of the lane and be ready for lots of finger gestures and horn-honking.
That's not the way I saw it. The outside lane would have taken the biker on another route. The biker was riding along the outside of the lane that went straight at the split and the truck passed through a space that was designated for non-traffic.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That's not the way I saw it. The outside lane would have taken the biker on another route. The biker was riding along the outside of the lane that went straight at the split and the truck passed through a space that was designated for non-traffic.
And from what I understand about Russian drivers, they have little regard for traffic control devices.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
This........

I had an accident years ago that broke my pelvis, coccyx, hairline fractured my lower 3 L vertebrae, broken right arm 3" from my shoulder, crushed my left index knuckle, broke 3,4 and 5 metacarpals in my left hand, as well as a severe concussion. I never got any settlement other than my medical bills paid to get me back on my feet. Twenty five years later, these injuries still cause me trouble and it's out of my pocket now......so stand firm and don't settle for less than lifetime care for the injuries the insurance company's incompetent client caused you!!!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This........

I had an accident years ago that broke my pelvis, coccyx, hairline fractured my lower 3 L vertebrae, broken right arm 3" from my shoulder, crushed my left index knuckle, broke 3,4 and 5 metacarpals in my left hand, as well as a severe concussion. I never got any settlement other than my medical bills paid to get me back on my feet. Twenty five years later, these injuries still cause me trouble and it's out of my pocket now......so stand firm and don't settle for less than lifetime care for the injuries the insurance company's incompetent client caused you!!!
This is really good advice. Don't settle with the insurance company until you've been released from doctors. Mrs. gtowntide and I were in a pretty bad car wreck (totaled my car) and the other guy's insurance wanted to settle the following week. It actually was a fair offer for my car but I read the settlement document and had I signed it, I was releasing them from any more claims including medical expenses. That's when I decided I needed a lawyer. I settled with them about 18 months later for $120,000. It taught me to never assume any insurance company has you best interests at heart.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
it is not the bone. it was x-rayed and no breaks. i will have the mri friday.
New x-rays don't always show hairline fractures. After an interval of several weeks, the fracture will show chalky white, while the healthy bone is gray. I once chipped an elbow kayaking and the only way it hurt was when I tried to support myself on that elbow, even in bed. It showed nothing at first, but after a film was taken about three months later, the white break stuck out like a sore thumb. I could have had it removed surgically, but, over a period of several years, my body resorbed it...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
New x-rays don't always show hairline fractures. After an interval of several weeks, the fracture will show chalky white, while the healthy bone is gray. I once chipped an elbow kayaking and the only way it hurt was when I tried to support myself on that elbow, even in bed. It showed nothing at first, but after a film was taken about three months later, the white break stuck out like a sore thumb. I could have had it removed surgically, but, over a period of several years, my body resorbed it...

no swelling in this area just pain when i move it a certain way or bump it. actually feels a little better if i massage it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.