got hit by a car

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
still in pain and out of pain killers
You can thank the junkies for that......

(And I'm just guessing that with your injuries, they gave you an opioid)

And I fully understand the trap that opioids lead to......but it seems that more so today, that doctors are afraid of the repercussions of the DEA, so they tend to go light on the pain meds and then refer you to a pain clinic if your problems persist which leads the honestly injured people to pay through the nose for copays and time off from work.

All said, you are better off to deal with some pain, than to build a tolerance to hydrocodone or oxycodone and then have to deal with withdrawals (and you will have them after taking them for a few weeks/months)....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

And I fully understand the trap that opioids lead to......but it seems that more so today, that doctors are afraid of the repercussions of the DEA, so they tend to go light on the pain meds and then refer you to a pain clinic if your problems persist which leads the honestly injured people to pay through the nose for copays and time off from work.

All said, you are better off to deal with some pain, than to build a tolerance to hydrocodone or oxycodone and then have to deal with withdrawals (and you will have them after taking them for a few weeks/months)....
i know junkies have ruined it for all of us. i actually hate pain killers. i have only been taking them before sleep, but i am still in pain and doubt it will just go away tonight.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
i know junkies have ruined it for all of us. i actually hate pain killers. i have only been taking them before sleep, but i am still in pain and doubt it will just go away tonight.
I totally understand man....sleeping is the worst with "wreck" injuries......body parts you gingerly move and protect during conscious hours of the day, become the ones you move the most in your subconscious sleep time.......

I had to sleep elevated in a recliner to keep traction on my arm because of the up and down swelling and the cast on my arm wouldn't keep it neutral....on top of this, I had a broken coccyx, and three lower L vertebrae cracked.... Sleeping with injuries sucks.....I feel for you man....

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Spot on.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
they suck, but ice baths (filling your tub up with ice water) can help lessen some body wide aches and pains. i try to do one (about 10 minutes) after my long races and it helps dull the pain a bit. then i take aleve.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Much sympathy, DK! Hope you heal fast!

I ride most days, and two years ago I went 9 months riding with my car permanently parked in the garage.

Also had a close friend in a bad wreck with permanent injuries. Scary stuff.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You should have gotten the results almost immediately but maybe in this case no news is good news (if it were bad you would have been notified).
they gave me a CD that i have no idea how to read.

on a side note Schwinn is mailing me a new helmet. when i am able again, i will have a spiffy new helmet.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
It sounds to me like you haven't heard anything because like you said....the orthopedic surgeon is out of town...MRI's aren't readable but by pros in the field. I seriously doubt the delay is because of something bad. Techs may be able to decipher what is going on, but they can't relay medical info to you. You'll find out when doc's back in town....IMO.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It sounds to me like you haven't heard anything because like you said....the orthopedic surgeon is out of town...MRI's aren't readable but by pros in the field. I seriously doubt the delay is because of something bad. Techs may be able to decipher what is going on, but they can't relay medical info to you. You'll find out when doc's back in town....IMO.....
If one ortho is out of town, another should read it and report. Dont let a patient linger and not know whats going on.

thought i would go on a bike ride. i was hit by a car. i just got home. i am ok. i have a broken left hand, a scraped up knee, sore neck and back, but otherwise fine. i was very lucky and it could have been much worse. i will post a pic of my helmet tomorrow.
Don't know how I'm just seeing this but I hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.