got hit by a car

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You deserve a medal for using a non motorized vehicle in that crazy town. I operate freight trains through Douglasville and those people think the gates are for my protection.

Praying for peace and perspective because I know financial issues will make you throw your health to the back burner and do something not smart for your long term health. Hell I have a bent finger and a limp to prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You deserve a medal for using a non motorized vehicle in that crazy town. I operate freight trains through Douglasville and those people think the gates are for my protection.

Praying for peace and perspective because I know financial issues will make you throw your health to the back burner and do something not smart for your long term health. Hell I have a bent finger and a limp to prove it.

My work has been helping me financially, so currently no worries on that end. I did not realize all I had to do was ask.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
legal part is almost over. one insurance is going to settle, still waiting for the second.

Thursday the therapist did a strength test with a dynamometer. I scored zero. 70 is considered excellent and my right scored 82. I am going to be in therapy longer than first thought.

Last edited:
legal part is almost over. one insurance is going to settle, still waiting for the second.

Thursday the therapist did a strength test with a dynamometer. I scored zero. 70 is considered excellent and my right scored 82. I am going to be in therapy longer than first thought.
Take it one day at a time man. I'm praying for you! Hope that somehow the therapy become rapidly better for you.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Take it one day at a time man. I'm praying for you! Hope that somehow the therapy become rapidly better for you.

thanks. that was a total gut punch to find out I had no grip strength at all. put me in a bad mood all weekend. I even left work early on Friday because I was just too angry. The good news this morning from my lawyer has picked up my spirits a little. Insurance will settle out of court for the max amount.

thanks. that was a total gut punch to find out I had no grip strength at all. put me in a bad mood all weekend. I even left work early on Friday because I was just too angry. The good news this morning from my lawyer has picked up my spirits a little. Insurance will settle out of court for the max amount.
Happy to hear that. You'll get that strength back.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I wore slacks and a button down shirt today for the first time since the accident. I even tied my own shoes. I had been wearing sweat pants and golf shirts and sneakers. I cannot believe how much I have improved in just a week. I mat make that November 2nd target date yet.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Still rehabing my thumb and hand. The person responsible has now settled and I can now focus on getting better. Rehab still going very slow but I can now hold about 10 pounds without pain.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I saw the doctor today and I am going to need another MRI. This will be on my wrist. I was complaining of having some pain still in my wrist and he did another X-Ray and it showed a slight rotation of the bone. He said this could be normal, but he wants to get a MR arthrogram of my wrist. They are supposed to call me to schedule this. Worst case I will need a second surgery. This year has been the worst.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I saw the doctor today and I am going to need another MRI. This will be on my wrist. I was complaining of having some pain still in my wrist and he did another X-Ray and it showed a slight rotation of the bone. He said this could be normal, but he wants to get a MR arthrogram of my wrist. They are supposed to call me to schedule this. Worst case I will need a second surgery. This year has been the worst.
Uggh. That sucks, man. Hang in there.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Wrists are so much more complex than most realize...
Indeed.....I picked up something (a shoe last stand) that weighed about 35-40 lbs, at work...something popped in my wrist, and it was almost unusable for 3-4 months...It quit bothering me for about a year, then started back......(a work injury that I didn't report....I'm old school, and don't whine about things I can work through....lesson learned though!..)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Indeed.....I picked up something (a shoe last stand) that weighed about 35-40 lbs, at work...something popped in my wrist, and it was almost unusable for 3-4 months...It quit bothering me for about a year, then started back......(a work injury that I didn't report....I'm old school, and don't whine about things I can work through....lesson learned though!..)

it has been almost a year since my accident and this wrist thing has just been nagging me since then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.