got hit by a car

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
thought i would go on a bike ride. i was hit by a car. i just got home. i am ok. i have a broken left hand, a scraped up knee, sore neck and back, but otherwise fine. i was very lucky and it could have been much worse. i will post a pic of my helmet tomorrow.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
thought i would go on a bike ride. i was hit by a car. i just got home. i am ok. i have a broken left hand, a scraped up knee, sore neck and back, but otherwise fine. i was very lucky and it could have been much worse. i will post a pic of my helmet tomorrow.
When I ride, I do it early in the morning before anybody's out on the road. Too many people texting while drive (or otherwise driving distracted). If they make a mistake, the biker suffers for it. If I am out and back before the roads get busy, there's less chance of a chance meeting with a distracted driver.
The bike shop owner I knew in Kansas lost his son to a distracted driver. Hit the kid (18 years old) while the son was biking and the driver was texting. I cannot imagine going to work in a bike shop again after that.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Glad you are ok.

i've got where most of my bike riding is on trails. Not the rugged ones. I learned another lesson about my lack of ability, vulnerability, and the margin of error trying that. :) Now it's just the easy ones.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Glad you survived it. I commuted on bike for many years and only quit after blowing my ACL and having the docs tell me "no more mountain climbing." Of course, I live on Monte Sano. Today, there are so many more bikes and they're riding roads at hours I wouldn't even have considered 20 years ago...

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Thank goodness you lived to tell the story! I rode my (motorized) bike to work yesterday. It seems like every trip is filled with near misses due to distracted drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Holy cow, Design.....that's unreal!

Sorry to hear and hope you will recover soon. Keep us posted if you need anything.

Hope you have a good personal injury lawyer.....and the info of the person who hit you.

Take care and please keep us posted.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Glad you are okayish. Atlanta scares the crap out of me. I don't think I'll ever ride a road bike here.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Man, I hate to hear that. I took a tumble off my bike last week riding with some kids. Sprained my wrist, elbow and shoulder. I'm glad your accident wasn't any worse than it was. Heal quickly!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
good friend of mine was killed while jogging a couple years back in the Vinnings/Sminnings area after being hit by a car. You are very, very lucky

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
the driver did stop as did several witnesses. i have a police report to pick-up. the driver was ticketed. i know this could have been so much worse. the doctor told me most cyclist he sees don't get to walk away like i did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.