Game Thread: It has come to this - UK votes to leave the EU

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: It has come to this - Brexit voting later today in the UK...

I'm reminded now that George Soros warned the UK to vote "remain" ..... well up your arse Soros!!!

...as did Obama. That should tell you much about what the right vote should be.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

Great to see there is at least one country whos people are willing to fight for less government. I applaud them taking a stance that presents itself with many unknowns but also has the potential to help them move forward light years faster than they previously thought possible.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The leadership of both major parties in Britain both want to remain.
I'm not sure what to make of that - we have so many disconnected politicians here in the US that it doesn't surprise me that the masses would feel differently from the elected officials.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

The leadership of both major parties in Britain both want to remain.
Of course they do. They are intrenched into the establishment and want stability. They dont want to risk losing their own personal benefits for the betterment of the country.

What a novel idea. Make a choice thats good for the country or make one that guarantees their own stability at the expense of the people.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Looks like this one is over - Leave has a 1.1 million vote lead with 348/382 declared.

"May you live in interesting times.."

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Britain will have to renegotiate those trade deals, and this result actually hurts their leverage to do so in their favor.
Germany cannot afford a disruption in trade with Britain.

Last edited:

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

I think this is going to draw England even closer to the US and they will form super trading packs because of all this. This is going to be a boost for the US dollar as well in the short term. Another plus for us.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I think this is going to draw England even closer to the US and they will form super trading packs because of all this. This is going to be a boost for the US dollar as well in the short term. Another plus for us.
I'm leaving for a 15 day trip to Europe in less than a week - I'm selfishly pleased with these results as it will most likely hammer then EU vs the USD.

:pDT_bis:

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

I'm leaving for a 15 day trip to Europe in less than a week - I'm selfishly pleased with these results as it will most likely hammer then EU vs the USD.

:pDT_bis:
Agreed. Go live like a King. Haha. Was that tongue and cheek!

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

I Would not be shocked to see it fall below the dollar. At least in the near short term.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.