Game Thread: It has come to this - UK votes to leave the EU

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: It has come to this - Brexit voting later today in the UK...

The gap is widening. 10 percent in and the U.K. Leave campaign is at 52.7%
Wow. I honestly thought the 'stay' votes would win in the typical 51-49% range. This is looking to be quite different...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of interest here - this is potentially one of the biggest news world wide news stories in a long time, with ripples affecting every market around the planet.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I saw something interesting earlier today. If the Leave campaign succeeds, does Scotland hold another secession referendum and vote to rejoin the European Union? They're voting pretty overwhelmingly to stay. They might just try it and succeed this time.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I saw something interesting earlier today. If the Leave campaign succeeds, does Scotland hold another secession referendum and vote to rejoin the European Union? They're voting pretty overwhelmingly to stay. They might just try it and succeed this time.
My friends in the UK almost universally believe that if Leave wins Scotland will secede and join the EU.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I have to admit that I'm a big fan of the UK law making it illegal for the news groups to report anything until the polls are closed...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.