2017 5* OG Wyatt Davis Updates

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He's announcing tomorrow at 3:00 pacific time. Alabama has been the favorite for awhile. UCLA has made a late push, though.
Wow. Did not know he was making a decision tomorrow. It would be great to get another Cali kid and hope we do. May be another Chance. Very unusual the recruiting services give a OG a 5th star.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Been a long time ( January ) since he`s been to TTown. Had 3 other visits this month. I`d feel a lot better if we`d been one of them. Fingers crossed. Can`t have too many quality O and D line guys.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As of today it`s looking tOSU according to 247. I think that may have been one of his recent (this month 0 visits,
When I started the thread, Bama had over 70% of the predictions. What I read earlier this week focused on Alabama and UCLA. Does look like Ohio State, though. Recruiting is ridiculously fluid.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Been a long time ( January ) since he`s been to TTown. Had 3 other visits this month. I`d feel a lot better if we`d been one of them. Fingers crossed. Can`t have too many quality O and D line guys.
Agree with every point......the kid has a great blood line, and seems to have a good support structure in place. Come to Title Town, Mr. Davis! We'd love to have you.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Read an article on the OSU 24/7 and he said Alabama stopped recruiting him late in the spring. It was an interview done right after he committed. Also said Michigan was his second choice.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Read an article on the OSU 24/7 and he said Alabama stopped recruiting him late in the spring. It was an interview done right after he committed. Also said Michigan was his second choice.
Interesting idea.

You know, so many things come into this, but I do not find it hard to believe that we did stop recruiting him. Just thinking about it, even though he is ranked very high and is clearly a coveted player, the fact is we are very deep at OL guard. If the staff isn't quite as high on him as recruiting websites, there may be much bigger fish to fry.

PS -- I live in LA and had considered going to a game to see him play in person. Now less likely but we'll see.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Interesting idea.

You know, so many things come into this, but I do not find it hard to believe that we did stop recruiting him. Just thinking about it, even though he is ranked very high and is clearly a coveted player, the fact is we are very deep at OL guard. If the staff isn't quite as high on him as recruiting websites, there may be much bigger fish to fry.

PS -- I live in LA and had considered going to a game to see him play in person. Now less likely but we'll see.
This. Since we don`t have day-to-day access to the staff`s thinking and recruiting boards, we (or at least most of us ) think that a highly recruited 4-5* kid would be a priority. I would hazard a guess that priorities and projections may shift on a fairly
regular basis depending upon a whole host of factors.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yet Alabama was seen as the favorite until last week. If that was the case, recruiting writers (especially the Alabama ones) would have backed off that thinking awhile ago.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Yet Alabama was seen as the favorite until last week. If that was the case, recruiting writers (especially the Alabama ones) would have backed off that thinking awhile ago.
This assumes that anybody outside the coaching offices really has up-to-date information.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Some of them do talk to those in the program.
So you're saying they get insider information. Well, no doubt some people do get that. Some members of this forum at times. The folks here seem to treat their access respectfully and with discretion. Not withstanding the insider info, I would think there are lots of things that the staff keeps a very tight grip on, especially from the media, and one of those would be the status of a particular recruit in the evaluation of the staff. Do you disagree?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So you're saying they get insider information. Well, no doubt some people do get that. Some members of this forum at times. The folks here seem to treat their access respectfully and with discretion. Not withstanding the insider info, I would think there are lots of things that the staff keeps a very tight grip on, especially from the media, and one of those would be the status of a particular recruit in the evaluation of the staff. Do you disagree?
All I'm saying is the recruiting reporters would have picked up on Alabama backing off of him like he says if they really had a few months ago. Just last week, I read a BOL article talking about Alabama being the favorite for Davis with UCLA possibly contending for his commitment, but he tells reporters after his announcement Michigan was his second choice behind Ohio State?

Not only do the reporters talk to their respective's program's staff, they also talk to the reporters of other programs and get information. That's where we get information about a certain school feeling a kid is going to a certain school and they no longer want to spend time recruiting him.

Isn't it fair to believe the BOL writers would have gotten some word from the OSU or Michigan 247 site writers if Davis was really interested in either school?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
All I'm saying is the recruiting reporters would have picked up on Alabama backing off of him like he says if they really had a few months ago. Just last week, I read a BOL article talking about Alabama being the favorite for Davis with UCLA possibly contending for his commitment, but he tells reporters after his announcement Michigan was his second choice behind Ohio State?

Not only do the reporters talk to their respective's program's staff, they also talk to the reporters of other programs and get information. That's where we get information about a certain school feeling a kid is going to a certain school and they no longer want to spend time recruiting him.

Isn't it fair to believe the BOL writers would have gotten some word from the OSU or Michigan 247 site writers if Davis was really interested in either school?
So, RTR, on what appears to be some thing of a miss (? ) on Davis, and the widely divergent "information", what`s your sense as to what`s going on in a case such as this?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.