House sit-in thread...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Has any other dweeb in the world managed to turn (an admittedly WRONG on all levels) head injury fifty years ago into one step below 'rose from the dead and should be worshiped' status? Even Max Cleland, the triple appendage loser, wasn't like the press releases for this nincompoop.
Honestly I think a lot of politicians coming from that time period are long past their usefulness for their communities.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I would agree with you on this. Party, schmarty.
How did the Founders include party rules in our Constitution?
I keep hearing it takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill. I thought my middle school civics text said that a majority could pass a bill and 60 votes would overturn a veto. Filibuster I guess?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Honestly I think a lot of politicians coming from that time period are long past their usefulness for their communities.
I've always been amused how among the Leftists you just utter the word 'Selma' and that somehow gives one absolution for every bit of idiocy espoused. It's like the Right uttering 'Reagan.'

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I keep hearing it takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill. I thought my middle school civics text said that a majority could pass a bill and 60 votes would overturn a veto. Filibuster I guess?
Veto override takes 67.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
More specifically, cloture (ending debate).

And per the constitution: "Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings..."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Veto override takes 67.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More specifically, cloture (ending debate).

And per the constitution: "Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings..."
Thanks for the info, fellas. Don't ever think I'm ignorant!!

BTW 1986, I saw an add for wine in a box. Stacks neatly in the fridge. Kinda like a juice box for adults. Got some?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I've always been amused how among the Leftists you just utter the word 'Selma' and that somehow gives one absolution for every bit of idiocy espoused. It's like the Right uttering 'Reagan.'
Selma, when I hear the word Selma, I think of you Selma, not the other Selma, Selma!:pDT_u: o

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Almost hated to re-open this thread but this was too ironic.

So, How Many Of The Democrats Who 'Sat-In' To Protest The Constitution Actually Own Guns?

Here is the full list of 26 Democrats who participated in the sit-in who own a gun, as determined by Heat Street:
Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick
Rep. Bennie Thompson
Rep. Dina Titus
Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger
Rep. Jared Huffman
Rep. Jim Cooper
Rep. Jim Costa
Rep. John Carney
Rep. John Garamendi
Rep. Keith Ellison
Rep. Mike Thompson
Rep. Peter DeFazio
Rep. Peter Welch
Rep. Rick Nolan
Rep. Ron Kind
Rep. Steve Cohen
Rep. Tim Ryan
Sen. Gary Peters
Sen. Harry Reid
Sen. Mark Warner
Sen. Martin Heinrich
Sen. Patrick Leahy
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse
Sen. Tammy Baldwin
Sen. Tim Kaine
Sen. Tom Carper

Hypocrisy on display everyday in our government leaders.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Almost hated to re-open this thread but this was too ironic.

So, How Many Of The Democrats Who 'Sat-In' To Protest The Constitution Actually Own Guns?

Here is the full list of 26 Democrats who participated in the sit-in who own a gun, as determined by Heat Street:
Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick
Rep. Bennie Thompson
Rep. Dina Titus
Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger
Rep. Jared Huffman
Rep. Jim Cooper
Rep. Jim Costa
Rep. John Carney
Rep. John Garamendi
Rep. Keith Ellison
Rep. Mike Thompson
Rep. Peter DeFazio
Rep. Peter Welch
Rep. Rick Nolan
Rep. Ron Kind
Rep. Steve Cohen
Rep. Tim Ryan
Sen. Gary Peters
Sen. Harry Reid
Sen. Mark Warner
Sen. Martin Heinrich
Sen. Patrick Leahy
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse
Sen. Tammy Baldwin
Sen. Tim Kaine
Sen. Tom Carper

Hypocrisy on display everyday in our government leaders.
Now you know Mr. Rangel already explained that regular people don't need guns for protection only politicians do......

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

SHOCKER: Gun Used in 2015 Paris Terrorist Attack Linked to Fast and Furious Operation

One of the guns used in the November 13, 2015 Paris terrorist attacks came from Phoenix, Arizona where the Obama administration allowed criminals to buy thousands of weapons illegally in a deadly and futile “gun-walking” operation known as Fast and Furious.
A Report of Investigation (ROI) filed by a case agent in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF) tracked the gun used in the Paris attacks to a Phoenix gun owner who sold it illegally, “off book,” Judicial Watch’s law enforcement sources confirm. Federal agents tracing the firearm also found the Phoenix gun owner to be in possession of an unregistered fully automatic weapon, according to law enforcement officials with firsthand knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2...rrorist-attack-linked-fast-furious-operation/

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.