House sit-in thread...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Well , I liked the sit-in better than Ted Cruz reading Green Eggs and Ham! The Hastert Rule. (Ain't he that pedophile?) If a majority of the majority party is not in favor the issue doesn't even come up for a vote. I don't agree with that at all.

Hey Tide HSV where are the irrelevant posts supposed to go? :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well , I liked the sit-in better than Ted Cruz reading Green Eggs and Ham! The Hastert Rule. (Ain't he that pedophile?) If a majority of the majority party is not in favor the issue doesn't even come up for a vote. I don't agree with that at all.

They done went in a thread supposedly about a supreme court decision about immigration...

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I thought that they had procedures for how to bring up a vote. Never seen this before and just wondering if things like this starts happening is this a poison for the future of democracy?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
They done went in a thread supposedly about a supreme court decision about immigration...

That gives the term "thread drift" a whole new meaning!

I heard something today that hit home.....sit-ins started out to help give people rights.....this one was designed to take rights away....

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I hate when there is a filibuster.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
There are rules about how to get to a vote in the US House of Representatives. The dems just didn't have enough signatures/votes to make it happen. Who's fault I is that? Theirs

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There are rules about how to get to a vote in the US House of Representatives. The dems just didn't have enough signatures/votes to make it happen. Who's fault I is that? Theirs
Hmmm.......how dare you bring facts to a Congressional argument.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
John Lewis likes it when John Lewis gets John Lewis in the news and everyone reads about John Lewis. I think that just about sums it up.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA

This is how stupid and hypocritical liberals/democrats are.
Charlie Rangle doesn't approve of your message.:wink:
“I wouldn’t want them to have it. I know what you’re trying to say. Corruption is corruption, and it’s bad,” Rangel said.

“Law-abiding citizens just shouldn’t have to carry a gun. You’re not gonna push me in that direction,” he said, standing just five feet from a Capitol Police officer, who stood at his post by the House Speaker’s Lobby.

TheDC noted to Rangel he and other members of Congress are protected by armed members of the U.S. Capitol Police.

“Well that’s a little different. I think we deserve–I think we need to be protected down here.” Rangel laughingly insisted.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/22/r...i-need-police-protection-audio/#ixzz4CX3DvPyT

Last edited:

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Charlie's half right - law abiding citizens shouldn't "have to" carry a gun.
They should, however, have that option.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
John Lewis likes it when John Lewis gets John Lewis in the news and everyone reads about John Lewis. I think that just about sums it up.
Has any other dweeb in the world managed to turn (an admittedly WRONG on all levels) head injury fifty years ago into one step below 'rose from the dead and should be worshiped' status? Even Max Cleland, the triple appendage loser, wasn't like the press releases for this nincompoop.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.