Deadlocked Supreme Court deals big blow to Obama immigration plan...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm restarting CA's SCOTUS thread. I went to post something of a legal nature and ran into a thread which was totally about the gun control sit-in. Ordinarily, we don't make a big deal about thread drift, but a thread must at least resemble its title. That one didn't...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
From crimsonaudio:

In a crushing blow to the White House, the Supreme Court announced Thursday it was evenly divided in a case concerning the President's controversial executive actions on immigration.

The ruling means that the programs will remain blocked from going into effect, and the issue will return to the lower court. It is exceedingly unlikely the programs will go into effect for the remainder of the Obama presidency. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/politi...urt/index.html

I'm not sure what needs to happen regarding illegal immigrants, but I do know that side-stepping Congress is a bad move...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One thing to remember in our presently fractured court situation is that the 5th Circuit is one, and one only, CCA. Each of the circuits can have a different opinion. Ordinarily a split - and there will be a split - would be reserved to SCOTUS to resolve, but it can't resolve anything...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I haven't visited the non-sports board in a while, and was doing a little browsing today. I ran across this thread about the deadlocked Supreme Court.

I've been enjoying a particular blogger's point of view in political commentary for a good number of years. In my opinion, his predictions have generally been right on target, and from a leftist's viewpoint, his writing is both refreshing and encouraging.

A few days ago, he posted his theory on Justice Kennedy's recent votes on significant decisions and says it may be possible Kennedy is no longer a reliable conservative vote. He compares Kennedy to O'Conner.

Martin Longman, who posts under the handle Booman put this up on the above topic.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2016/6/29/95048/4140

To my liberal friends, I wanted to bring his website to your attention. If you aren't familiar with his writing, I'd suggest you try it out for a week or two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.