Link: Falcons making contingency plans on new stadium

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
It seems like with all the revenue these teams make and what the league makes, the taxpayers wouldn't have to foot the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
It seems like with all the revenue these teams make and what the league makes, the taxpayers wouldn't have to foot the bill.
They wouldn't have to if city governments would all agree not to. Until that happens, no Mayor wants to be the one that loses a major league sports franchise because he/she wouldn't use a hotel tax paid by visitors to fund a new stadium.

I believe the current Redskins' stadium was paid for without public money, but it's the exception that proves the rule...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Out of curiosity..Are these stadiums paid for by the city or by the NFL teams..Nevermind..I just read where taxpayers foots most if not all the cost..That's crazy stuff..

Dude, you really thought the team was going to pay for this?

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Or circular sinks in the middle of the floor. Back in 92 when Bama played Tulane in the Superdome, it was my first time at that place. I had a lot to drink and needed to pee. I took a pee what I thought was a circular trough. It was pretty funny at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dude, you really thought the team was going to pay for this?
I honestly had no idea how things work in the NFL, I keep up with Atlanta to an extent, I try to keep up with Bama Players playing in the NFL..That's bout all know about the NFL..

NFL teams act like they own these stadiums & I thought the franchises paid a good bit of the amount of the cost when building these ridiculous extravagant stadiums like this Billion Dollar+ future home of The Falcons..Listening to Jerry Jones you would think he paid for "Jerry World" with his spare change he had laying around..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just curious, how are thousands of people supposed to get to the new stadium? I only see one road going out to it. Did I miss something?
nope. i expect it to be a full fledged [crap] show. that area was already one of the worst in atlanta for traffic, and now this is being thrown on top of it.

on the plus side, for those of us on the southside, we will no longer have mid-day and rush hour braves traffic on top of the regular horrible traffic.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I read comments in another article about folks complaining about the location of the stadium due to the high crime rate in the area & they wanted it built in another location..Is crime as bad in the location it's being built as folks are complaining about????..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I read comments in another article about folks complaining about the location of the stadium due to the high crime rate in the area & they wanted it built in another location..Is crime as bad in the location it's being built as folks are complaining about????..
it's being built about 1/8 of a mile from the old stadium.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
nope. i expect it to be a full fledged [crap] show. that area was already one of the worst in atlanta for traffic, and now this is being thrown on top of it.

on the plus side, for those of us on the southside, we will no longer have mid-day and rush hour braves traffic on top of the regular horrible traffic.
i live only a few miles from the new braves stadium, i am not happy

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.