Link: Falcons making contingency plans on new stadium

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Maybe they should get a contingency plan for all of the empty seats in that 1.5 BILLION dollar stadium that will be sure to follow, after another lackluster season.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
This stadium escalation is getting ridiculous. I know owners only care about butts in the seat, but when you're sitting so far away the players look like ants, it's just not an enjoyable experience. After price of admission and food, parking, and logistics of getting all those people in and out, I'd rather just stay home and watch on my OLED.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
What exactly was wrong with the Georgia Dome..Wasn't it still in really good shape structurally even after the tornado hit it..
The pols in Atlanta had probably spent the graft money made off the Dome and were only looking for an additional source of revenue. Several somebody's uncles, nieces, cousins, brother in law are doing extremely well today. ;-) The taxpayer, not so much.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The pols in Atlanta had probably spent the graft money made off the Dome and were only looking for an additional source of revenue. Several somebody's uncles, nieces, cousins, brother in law are doing extremely well today. ;-) The taxpayer, not so much.
"The remaining 20-30% of the cost of the new stadium will be publicly funded by the existing hotel-motel tax, which is paid by visitors. This is the same funding that has been used to fund the debt on the Georgia Dome for the past 20 years."

Funding | Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
"The remaining 20-30% of the cost of the new stadium will be publicly funded by the existing hotel-motel tax, which is paid by visitors. This is the same funding that has been used to fund the debt on the Georgia Dome for the past 20 years."

Funding | Mercedes-Benz Stadium
I travel to Atlanta for work a lot and there is a sign by the front desk of just about every hotel I've stayed at in Georgia that says there is a $5 a night tax. The sign even quotes the specific law.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I guess it's a good thing I'm not a decision maker for The Falcons, cause I'd rather spend mega money, on bringing in better Players on both sides of the ball & make it to the Super Bowl playing on the football field..Instead of putting all this money into hosting a Super Bowl that two other teams will play in instead of Atlanta..

I respect what Matt Ryan has done at Atlanta, I may be totally wrong, I honestly think he's taking The Falcons as far into the play-off's as he can & would start by bringing in a new young or younger QB like AJ McCarron..I'm just using AJ as an example & would shore up the LOS on both sides of the ball..

If Atlanta doesn't improve it's product on the field, that pretty new stadium, will look awful with all those empty seats during football game on TV ..I imagine the price for Falcon Fans will dramatically go up once they start playing in the new stadium & will all know attendance goes down when the team isn't playing good football..

I'm pulling for Dan Quinn cause he seems like a likeable kinda guy, but, The Falcons looked completely lost as a football team his 1st year & don't know if they will give him the time to grow as a HC..I honestly thought they were going to hire a proving HC when they hired Quinn..What do you all think about Quinn as a HC..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Out of curiosity..Are these stadiums paid for by the city or by the NFL teams..Nevermind..I just read where taxpayers foots most if not all the cost..That's crazy stuff..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.