Your most recent gun purchase?

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Thinking about a S&W 9mm M&P compact. Thoughts?
I bought the .40 cal version a couple of months ago for my summer conceal carry gun. So far, I like it quite a bit and being a single stack, it's much easier to conceal wearing shorts and t-shirts than my Glock 27. The one thing I don't like so much are the magazines. Getting the last round in is much harder than it should be and the metal edges can cut. I don't find the trigger much different than my Glock, but it isn't quite as smooth.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I am not a huge gun enthusiast, but very much appreciate reading everyone's preferences and acquisitions.

I have a Colt Commander that belonged to my step dad when he was in the CG and an old bolt action .22 rifle with a scope for plinking and such.

At some point, Id' like to visit the local gun range and get proficient with the Colt and maybe also get my carry permit.

But you know what...here's a little something I did buy recently to have fun with....it's a '74 in almost mint condition and runs like a little scalded cat! :)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I am not a huge gun enthusiast, but very much appreciate reading everyone's preferences and acquisitions.

I have a Colt Commander that belonged to my step dad when he was in the CG and an old bolt action .22 rifle with a scope for plinking and such.

At some point, Id' like to visit the local gun range and get proficient with the Colt and maybe also get my carry permit.

But you know what...here's a little something I did buy recently to have fun with....it's a '74 in almost mint condition and runs like a little scalded cat! :)

This is my weapon this is my gun
This is my motorcycle, man! can she run. :biggrin:

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA
the xl175! brings back fond memories of college. nine of us bought dirt bikes to ride the pearl river in the early '70s. I was the only one with a Honda. the other guys had yammys and kawasakis. they used to foul plugs constantly and the 4 stroke xl just kept on grinding!!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
the xl175! brings back fond memories of college. nine of us bought dirt bikes to ride the pearl river in the early '70s. I was the only one with a Honda. the other guys had yammys and kawasakis. they used to foul plugs constantly and the 4 stroke xl just kept on grinding!!
Back in high school I was one of those Yam guys....and my friend Charlie Coleman had the Honda.....which NEVER had mechanical issues! But those 4 strokers were heavier than our 2 strokers...so we compromised reliability for weight, I guess. Plus we were part of the Yam cult...:cool:

Of course now than I'm older and hopefully wiser....look what I'm riding! :)

Sorry for the thread drift - I coulda bought a nice AR 15 for what I paid for my bike, was the point...oh well....maybe next year....or for Christmas....

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
The last purchase I made was actually one gun for me and one for each of my parents. :)

I got my dad and me matching Ruger Super Blackhawk .45 Long Colt revolvers - a bit of a fun, nostalgic father's day gift - and a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .38 revolver for my mom.

Though I've got my eye on another nice AR and I'm always itching for a Barrett .50 - but my wife might complain a lot about that last one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Also, for seebell - my personal, primary carry weapon is an S&W Shield 9mm and I absolutely love it.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I only have two guns, which is weird since my dad owns a gun store, but I digress. I have a Bushmaster AR-15 decked out in pink, and a pink lady Charter Arms revolver. My dad will let me shoot whatever I want so really no need to buy one. ;)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I only have two guns, which is weird since my dad owns a gun store, but I digress. I have a Bushmaster AR-15 decked out in pink, and a pink lady Charter Arms revolver. My dad will let me shoot whatever I want so really no need to buy one. ;)
Discount for your Tide Fans buddies?:wink: If you go on a date do your carry your gun?:smile: The pink lady is cute.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The last purchase I made was actually one gun for me and one for each of my parents. :)

I got my dad and me matching Ruger Super Blackhawk .45 Long Colt revolvers - a bit of a fun, nostalgic father's day gift - and a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .38 revolver for my mom.

Though I've got my eye on another nice AR and I'm always itching for a Barrett .50 - but my wife might complain a lot about that last one.

I'm jealous of your Super Blackhawk purchase.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.