Odds for first weeks games.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
FSU may have too much fire power for them. Ole Miss lost a lot. To me that seems right.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
True, FSU is returning fifteen starters and Ole Miss but ten, however I am not sold on Jimbo. Like Chizik needed Cam so did Jimbo need Jameis. Without Cam Chizik was just plain average at .500 while Jimbo is better than average at .759 without Jameis. If not for getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar I would take Ole Miss straight up but who knows what this investigation will do to their season. Ole Miss definitely has the edge at QB.

True, FSU is returning fifteen starters and Ole Miss but ten, however I am not sold on Jimbo. Like Chizik needed Cam so did Jimbo need Jameis. Without Cam Chizik was just plain average at .500 while Jimbo is better than average at .759 without Jameis. If not for getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar I would take Ole Miss straight up but who knows what this investigation will do to their season. Ole Miss definitely has the edge at QB.
That QB edge may not be as significant as one would think. Ole Miss doesn't really have anything on the outside and FSU's defense really could negate that altogether.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jimbo has averaged 10.25 wins and 3.25 losses in the four seasons without Jameis. Saying he's like Chizik without Cam is pretty far from a realistic comparison.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think FSU will win over Ole Miss. There is no doubt FSU will look at game between Ole miss and LSU, Arkansas, and Alabama and see what they will do to stop Chad Kelly. This is a game where one team could potentially set the tone for their rest of the season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Jimbo has averaged 10.25 wins and 3.25 losses in the four seasons without Jameis. Saying he's like Chizik without Cam is pretty far from a realistic comparison.
Good point and FSU consistently finishes in the top 3-5 in recruiting and the Barn has never done that. FSU has a lot of talent and they will be a factor just about every year especially in the ACC.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I guess I worded that wrong. My point about being like Chizik was if we take Cam away from Chizik what does he have?

With Jameis Jimbo has 1 NC, 2 ACC and 2 Div champiohships. 2 years
W/O Jameis Jimbo has ........ 1 ACC and 1 Div championships. 4 years

Jimbo is not the Giant Killer some people think he is.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Here are the early odds for all the opening games except Cal vs Hawaii.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

I am surprised the see Vandy by 3 over S Carolina at Columbia. Will will be in for a long year if that holds up.

FSU favored by 6 over Ole Miss. I am thinking Ole Miss is going to win that game unless something else comes up before the game.
USC-Vandy game is in Nashville. USC already lost its best player for the season (Skai Moore) and has no qb. Could be a rough year. Still, I think the Gamecocks beat Vandy.

JCswoosher2

Mar 6, 2015
2 games that stick out to me is

LSU -10 vs Wisconsin
Clemson -7 vs Auburn.

I think both these games will be whoopings. Since Alabama ran all over Wisconsin last year and Wisconsin has pretty much the same team, Fournette should go off.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
2 games that stick out to me is

LSU -10 vs Wisconsin
Clemson -7 vs Auburn.

I think both these games will be whoopings. Since Alabama ran all over Wisconsin last year and Wisconsin has pretty much the same team, Fournette should go off.
Yeah he should run all over them, his troubles don't come until the month of November when he runs into the big & quick D-Lines SEC style.
Here's some of his split stats... http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/559752/leonard-fournette ...

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
USC-Vandy game is in Nashville. USC already lost its best player for the season (Skai Moore) and has no qb. Could be a rough year. Still, I think the Gamecocks beat Vandy.
Thanks for clarification. The site I make my schedules from has corrected their error. This does make a difference, but I still stick with SC because of the recruiting difference.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I guess I worded that wrong. My point about being like Chizik was if we take Cam away from Chizik what does he have?

With Jameis Jimbo has 1 NC, 2 ACC and 2 Div champiohships. 2 years
W/O Jameis Jimbo has ........ 1 ACC and 1 Div championships. 4 years

Jimbo is not the Giant Killer some people think he is.
I understood your point...in my opinion, if the two head coaches were swapped...I think Chizik might have had a better record coaching at FSU without a world-class qb than he did at Auburn, while I think Jimbo would have more losses coaching at Auburn when he did not have a world-class qb. It took having a super qb for either of them to win it all.

great thread, by the way. We've mentioned it before, but it's one of the more exciting sets of matchups I can remember to start the season.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I expect LSU will beat Wisconsin big time. I also look to see Auburn fold against Clemson. Notre Dame/Texas...I'm leaning towards Texas but I will enjoy seeing either of the two start the season with a loss. I'm kinda pulling for Ol Miss...It would be good to see FSU start off with a loss, while I think we can pretty much count on Saban not losing to Ol Miss this season. It's hard enough to beat him two years in a row. For Bama to lose to Ol Miss three years running? Not going to happen.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I expect LSU will beat Wisconsin big time. I also look to see Auburn fold against Clemson. Notre Dame/Texas...I'm leaning towards Texas but I will enjoy seeing either of the two start the season with a loss. I'm kinda pulling for Ol Miss...It would be good to see FSU start off with a loss, while I think we can pretty much count on Saban not losing to Ol Miss this season. It's hard enough to beat him two years in a row. For Bama to lose to Ol Miss three years running? Not going to happen.
I feel the same way but I still have a little antsy feeling. If we have turnovers like the last two years and get those lucky bounces then we could go down in flames again. Ole Miss worries me a little especially since they have their QB back.

I hate to see the SEC lose but I don't see Aubie pulling the upset. Clemson has been boasting since we "got lucky" about winning it all this year and blah blah blah. I wonder if Aubie will have a really lucky season. I wonder if Clemson will have the big head.

I expect LSU to win big too. A tough call but I think I hate Texas worse than ND now. My hate for teams ebbs and flows. Michigan is at the top of my list since Hairball took over and Texas is next because of their LHN and 'we be big" ego.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.