Hillary Crashes The Party At NYC Gay Pride Parade

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/hillary-huma-make-surprise-visit-nyc-pride-parade/

She is so dedicated to the movement - walks four blocks with Huma; gets the hell out. :)

Ticking the LGBT box on her weekly campaign checklist, Hillary Clinton made a “surprise” appearance at New York City’s Gay Pride parade on Sunday.

With close aide Huma Abedin at her side, Clinton walked with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and Al Sharpton. Bill Clinton was nowhere to be found.

Multiple videos show the chaotic security scene as Secret Service agents, police and campaign staffers yell and push to keep the perimeter around Clinton moving.

But nearly as quickly as she was there, she was gone. Reporters note Clinton exerted herself for four whole blocks.

“Four blocks later, HRC gets back into the Scooby van and leaves,” NBC’s Monica Alba tweeted.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/hillary-huma-make-surprise-visit-nyc-pride-parade/

She is so dedicated to the movement - walks four blocks with Huma; gets the hell out. :)

Ticking the LGBT box on her weekly campaign checklist, Hillary Clinton made a “surprise” appearance at New York City’s Gay Pride parade on Sunday.

With close aide Huma Abedin at her side, Clinton walked with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and Al Sharpton. Bill Clinton was nowhere to be found.

Multiple videos show the chaotic security scene as Secret Service agents, police and campaign staffers yell and push to keep the perimeter around Clinton moving.

But nearly as quickly as she was there, she was gone. Reporters note Clinton exerted herself for four whole blocks.

“Four blocks later, HRC gets back into the Scooby van and leaves,” NBC’s Monica Alba tweeted.
Well duh...why would he be there. These girls are not exactly his type.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What's amusing is the whole ploy thing; of course, Trump was busy being declared a recent convert to Christianity by His Holiness Fundamentalist Pope James Dobson, too.

I've made no secret I always thought Bill Clinton was a slimy scum, but I WILL give him credit on one thing here: back in 1992 when this draft dodging "loathing the military" attorney was running for President, he came right out in favor of open gays in the military. Why do I give him credit? Because back then that was an EXTREME act of courage (or contrivance if you will). Gays were marginalized and even feared, particularly on the issue of AIDS (the government didn't help things with the lies they tell about all kinds of stuff). Bill Clinton came right out in 1992 and made it a civil rights and equality issue.

Of course, he let them down just like he did everyone else, but let's not get bogged down in results here.

Hillary Clinton could be the marshal of a gay pride parade and it wouldn't mean diddly squat nowadays. There's no courage or standing up for your convictions and 'what I think is right' involved at all. The wind changed directions and she ran right there where she pretends she's always been in their corner and they pretend she's always been for gay rights including marriage.

I won't criticize her for doing it because that's what these publicity hounds do; I'm just noting there's a BIG difference in what Bill did 24 years ago in staking out his position in a different time and what she's doing now. Of course, he's also a much better liar than she was/is.

Btw - Bill ought to be doing a Viagara commercial with Bob Dole nowadays. They could call it bipartisanship.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Being associated with the BLT ;) movement has become so mainstream now, it's expected, actually. I read an article a couple of days ago that the SF Pride Parade has lost its appeal to some hardcore gays because it's "too white and too corporate." All along the parade route are corporate sponsor signs for heavyweights such as Apple and Toyota. Everyone wants to be a part of the gayness and in reality they just want the gay dollars. Corporate sponsors know gay couples generally speaking have dual incomes and no kids and therefore much more disposable income. In a calculated move they determine they can jump on board without alienating their core consumer base. I can't say I blame them from a pure profit standpoint. But having these big monied donors on board sort of negates the "alternative" appeal of the culture they've advocated and celebrated for so long. In other words, it was fun to be sexually crude. lawless and in-your-face until it became mainstream.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
so i guess its also the corporate folks who are ramming the gay agenda down y'all's throats too. :D
Did I say I have a problem with the corporate folks? The problem I referenced is the dissatisfaction some in the gay community have with their participation.

They've long seeked acceptance and inclusiveness. They have achieved it and are still not happy. Pay attention.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
The definition of transparency, folks.......

I don't think Hillary has yet promised transparency a la Obama. But Bubba promised the most ethical administration in the history of the Republic. Obammy promised transparency. I expect Hillary to promise something wild and unimaginable as well.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Did I say I have a problem with the corporate folks? The problem I referenced is the dissatisfaction some in the gay community have with their participation.

They've long seeked acceptance and inclusiveness. They have achieved it and are still not happy. Pay attention.
thanks, i will keep you in mind the next time i am looking for insight into the satisfaction of the gay community.

will folks be boycotting these companies for their support of the gays?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
thanks, i will keep you in mind the next time i am looking for insight into the satisfaction of the gay community.

will folks be boycotting these companies for their support of the gays?
I won't, but you're probably disappointed in that. Because you know, conservatives hate gays and all.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Being associated with the BLT ;) movement has become so mainstream now, it's expected, actually. I read an article a couple of days ago that the SF Pride Parade has lost its appeal to some hardcore gays because it's "too white and too corporate." All along the parade route are corporate sponsor signs for heavyweights such as Apple and Toyota. Everyone wants to be a part of the gayness and in reality they just want the gay dollars. Corporate sponsors know gay couples generally speaking have dual incomes and no kids and therefore much more disposable income. In a calculated move they determine they can jump on board without alienating their core consumer base. I can't say I blame them from a pure profit standpoint. But having these big monied donors on board sort of negates the "alternative" appeal of the culture they've advocated and celebrated for so long. In other words, it was fun to be sexually crude. lawless and in-your-face until it became mainstream.
The same thing happened to Burning Man.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

mrusso didn't make this large enough for me to see with my reading glasses. Where was Billy Boy? I'll give you one guess. Fill in the __________________________________.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
i'm actually pretty happy that folks are coming around on gay issues. and i'm very surprised that it is happening as quickly as it is.
There are lots of us who are fiscal conservatives who aren't particularly bothered by what people do in their private lives. It's unfortunate that we are lumped together by many liberals and the media as haters. Not everyone follows the same ideology. That we disagree on some issues doesn't mean we hate.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
mrusso didn't make this large enough for me to see with my reading glasses. Where was Billy Boy? I'll give you one guess. Fill in the __________________________________.
Hillary is keeping him at bay. Her negatives are strong enough without compounding the problem.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There are lots of us who are fiscal conservatives who aren't particularly bothered by what people do in their private lives. It's unfortunate that we are lumped together by many liberals and the media as haters. Not everyone follows the same ideology. That we disagree on some issues doesn't mean we hate.
im glad to hear that, and like i said, i am really glad that things have moved this way in our country over the past 20-30 years and that people's attitudes towards gays are changing for the better. i didn't elaborate above, but i didn't really think i would see such a change in my lifetime.

but there were enough people (mostly on the conservative side of the aisle) that were bothered by what people do in their private lives, and then others trying to pander to/triangulate with them, that we had a ton of crap anti-gay laws passed in the us. those things are thankfully going away, but anti-gay sentiment was a driving force in the social conservative movement and led to a lot of nastiness that i am not going to pretend didn't happen. and that nastiness led to a lot of americans being marginalized. if those marginalized see those actions as hateful and they speak out against what has happened to them and how it negatively impacted them, i can't really blame them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.