Incoming Freshman LB Mack Wilson Tweets He has a Torn Meniscus

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I believe this young man is going to be very special and will overcome this injury in short order. Best wished to him for a full and speedy recovery.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This might hurt his ability to get on the field with the defense early in the season but I doubt it will force a redshirt.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Is this our 2nd linebacker recruit that has needed some medical work done? I thought I read about another recruit a few weeks/months back that was getting some work done after his senior year in HS.

We have some very good starters returning, but really want these guys to be able to participate in relief and get right on track.

One way to look at it is we take good care of our players medically before putting them on the field against the SEC talent they will compete against.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is this our 2nd linebacker recruit that has needed some medical work done? I thought I read about another recruit a few weeks/months back that was getting some work done after his senior year in HS.

We have some very good starters returning, but really want these guys to be able to participate in relief and get right on track.

One way to look at it is we take good care of our players medically before putting them on the field against the SEC talent they will compete against.
Mack had a torn labrum surgery in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Mack had a torn labrum surgery in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The shoulder surgery sounded more serious. Meniscus may not be too bad, but two surgeries back to back can't been good for conditioning and just learning as a true freshman. He's got a long future ahead of himself, I hope he takes and is given the time to get ready.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The shoulder surgery sounded more serious. Meniscus may not be too bad, but two surgeries back to back can't been good for conditioning and just learning as a true freshman. He's got a long future ahead of himself, I hope he takes and is given the time to get ready.

I`m sure he will. This program takes excellent care of the players from a medical perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I think once he has been in our conditioning program for over a year he will be a little more resilient to injury. Some guys are just prone to it (Kenyan Drake jumps to mind) but a lot of these freak athletes coming out of high-school just don't know how to take care of their body. Once it has been molded and shaped by Scott Cochran and the players have more knowledge I think it's easier for them to maintain their health. Hope Mack gets the care and knowledge needed to have a healthy college career at the University of Alabama.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.