What is the status of Jamar King?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Certainly hope he makes it in. We`ll need all hands on deck for the D line rotation. I`ve been watching football a long time and I don`t think I`ve ever seen a more striking example of the benefits of a good rotation than our D line last year. That one kind of set the standard for me.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
here is the latest from BOL on King as of Tuesday, June 28. sounds encouraging.

** On Tuesday, I caught up with Mendocino College coach Frank Espy on my radio show Southern Fried Sports (11 AM-Noon, Tide991.com). The conversation, of course, centered on Jamar King, a 2016 defensive end signee who is working to achieve eligibility at Alabama for the upcoming season.
According to Espy, King, a 26-year-old, former plant worker who made his way to Mendocino from the state of Michigan, is on track to finish up in time for the start of fall camp.
"Jamar's taken over 20 units each of the last two semesters, the fall and the spring, to give himself a chance to get to a school like Alabama" Espy said. "It's not like he's failed or anything, it's more or less a GPA issue. He's retaken some classes to get a higher GPA so he can be there in the fall."
"He's done a lot of academic work. He's a good student, he really is. He's just got a couple of courses he's retaken."
"He'll be there in time for fall camp."
Watching him on tape, King brings to mind Wallace Gilberry, another Saban era end who was relentless in his pursuit of the football.
"It jumps out to me again and again, just watching that guy get around the field," Espy said. "He's all go, 100 percent from whistle to whistle. If the ball goes away from him he's going to try and chase it down. He believes he can make every play on the field and he's going to try and do so."
"If he can't do anything else, Jamar King will run to the football."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
here is the latest from BOL on King as of Tuesday, June 28. sounds encouraging.

** On Tuesday, I caught up with Mendocino College coach Frank Espy on my radio show Southern Fried Sports (11 AM-Noon, Tide991.com). The conversation, of course, centered on Jamar King, a 2016 defensive end signee who is working to achieve eligibility at Alabama for the upcoming season.
According to Espy, King, a 26-year-old, former plant worker who made his way to Mendocino from the state of Michigan, is on track to finish up in time for the start of fall camp.
"Jamar's taken over 20 units each of the last two semesters, the fall and the spring, to give himself a chance to get to a school like Alabama" Espy said. "It's not like he's failed or anything, it's more or less a GPA issue. He's retaken some classes to get a higher GPA so he can be there in the fall."
"He's done a lot of academic work. He's a good student, he really is. He's just got a couple of courses he's retaken."
"He'll be there in time for fall camp."
Watching him on tape, King brings to mind Wallace Gilberry, another Saban era end who was relentless in his pursuit of the football.
"It jumps out to me again and again, just watching that guy get around the field," Espy said. "He's all go, 100 percent from whistle to whistle. If the ball goes away from him he's going to try and chase it down. He believes he can make every play on the field and he's going to try and do so."
"If he can't do anything else, Jamar King will run to the football."
He's taken over 40 credit hours in two semesters in order to boost his GPA, yet he hasn't failed any classes? Yeah, that's just a coach trying to say positive things about a player.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Is the fact that he is listed on the roster mean that he is possibly going to make it to campus? I keep hoping.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.