Rolando suspended 10 Games for Substance Abuse

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Too much drug addiction going on in this country. I hope he gets it figured out.

Off topic, but my aunt actually died a few hours ago from using prescription drugs and only God knows what else. She has been addicted on and off for years, so please pray for our family. This will be the second child my grandparents have had to bury. :frown:
the exact reason i hate taking pain killers. i usually just deal with the pain

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Too much drug addiction going on in this country. I hope he gets it figured out.

Off topic, but my aunt actually died a few hours ago from using prescription drugs and only God knows what else. She has been addicted on and off for years, so please pray for our family. This will be the second child my grandparents have had to bury. :frown:
I'm very sorry to hear that:frown: praying for your family right this minute!!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Jerry Jones will keep him.... The suspension saves him some money and gives him an excuse to keep Ole Puppet Red as coach one more year.
I hope so. Another irreplaceable year down the tubes. No big contract next year for Ro. Lucky to get a one year basement deal.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think those you refer to that seem to have an addiction to pot would, if pot was not available, likely find another substance to abuse. Usually booze or pills. That's not intended to defend Ro...in my opinion, given the chance to clear millions of dollars by playing a game and simply staying off pot and then to smoke it away...good grief.
Yeah but pot probably helps him emotionally. I have no idea why this country won't join the 21st century. Oh wait... it's about money. Never mind. Since it's a plant, they can't think of a way to tax it without controlling it in some way. I smoke a bit every night before I go to bed and I am the most productive developer at my company. So, Rolando doing it on his time off is a non-issue to me from a personal standpoint. I also abruptly stopped for 6 weeks when I went to the UK to work last year but it didn't affect me in any way. Yes, you can get as mentally attached to it as many of us are attached to Alabama football but you cannot become physically addicted to it like one would with narcotics or alcohol. Ok... rant over.

As much as I believe in legalizing it, unfortunately, if you're going to work at a place that doesn't allow it, you can't do it. Simple as that. If this is something that helps him relax and stay out of trouble, he should consider using normal medical solutions until the rest of the world loses its prejudice and catches up. Otherwise, there's no excuse for it. You simply have a choice ... play football in the NFL and get tested every so often or find some other job out there where you don't get tested. It's pretty simple.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yeah but pot probably helps him emotionally. I have no idea why this country won't join the 21st century.
Totally agree. I read somewhere that up to 70% of the league uses pot, and many do so for pain relief and anti inflammation, which tests show THC is effective for both and other mental issue's. I don't smoke pot myself, but many with physically demanding jobs drink or smoke pot. I do not see much of a differnce, and Johnny Drinking Cash is dead and Willie the Pot smokin' Nelson is still touring.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Well, they say you can't be addicted to it, but I've had friends who simply couldn't live without it and became severely habituated to the point they couldn't live in their own skins without it. I'd say that RM has reached that point. He knew he would be tested...
Evidence suggests that approximately 25% of daily users can develop a physiological addiction, so you really can become addicted to it. Good luck convincing the person in question that it could be true, of course.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well, they say you can't be addicted to it, but I've had friends who simply couldn't live without it and became severely habituated to the point they couldn't live in their own skins without it. I'd say that RM has reached that point. He knew he would be tested...
And you can't...but there are some people (like Ricky Williams too) that place a higher emphasis on being high than living life, and they have incredible difficulty differentiating between the two.
I've known people who were forced to go without for extended periods of time (for various and sundry reasons); they all survived, but only a few had any extreme difficulty in going without. I think Doc can obviously speak more to this, but IMO it's mostly mental.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Totally agree. I read somewhere that up to 70% of the league uses pot, and many do so for pain relief and anti inflammation, which tests show THC is effective for both and other mental issue's. I don't smoke pot myself, but many with physically demanding jobs drink or smoke pot. I do not see much of a differnce, and Johnny Drinking Cash is dead and Willie the Pot smokin' Nelson is still touring.
I that vein...I personally know a woman who's age related Macular Degeneration was cured; from 60% blindness in one eye and 30% in the other to full vision, 20/20 in both eyes. This is from the oil, not smoking it.
Nothing medically prescribed did anything but slow it down; she didn't want to go blind, so she tried it and it worked for her.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I that vein...I personally know a woman who's age related Macular Degeneration was cured; from 60% blindness in one eye and 30% in the other to full vision, 20/20 in both eyes. This is from the oil, not smoking it.
Nothing medically prescribed did anything but slow it down; she didn't want to go blind, so she tried it and it worked for her.
Must have been snake oil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yeah but pot probably helps him emotionally. I have no idea why this country won't join the 21st century. Oh wait... it's about money. Never mind. Since it's a plant, they can't think of a way to tax it without controlling it in some way. I smoke a bit every night before I go to bed and I am the most productive developer at my company. So, Rolando doing it on his time off is a non-issue to me from a personal standpoint. I also abruptly stopped for 6 weeks when I went to the UK to work last year but it didn't affect me in any way. Yes, you can get as mentally attached to it as many of us are attached to Alabama football but you cannot become physically addicted to it like one would with narcotics or alcohol. Ok... rant over.

As much as I believe in legalizing it, unfortunately, if you're going to work at a place that doesn't allow it, you can't do it. Simple as that. If this is something that helps him relax and stay out of trouble, he should consider using normal medical solutions until the rest of the world loses its prejudice and catches up. Otherwise, there's no excuse for it. You simply have a choice ... play football in the NFL and get tested every so often or find some other job out there where you don't get tested. It's pretty simple.
I would suggest the war on pot has inflicted much more damage to society in general verses the damage pot has done. How many have been jailed for smoking pot? There are always exceptions, but my perception is that people don't smoke pot to get primed to go commit a crime. Drunks abuse or beat their spouse more frequently than do potheads, it seems to me. Drunks crash cars far more often than someone who has smoked pot. I could go on...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Keep the discussion on football / Rolando or start a thread on Non-Sports - any further political discussion will get this thread closed and / or moved.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It is good that Jerry did not cut him. So Rolondo still has a very good chance to stay with the Cowboys in the NFL this year and the next. His pay is so low that it really doesn't effect the cap that much. (I missed that last post, sorry)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.