Who was the most unstoppable athlete in a video game ???

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Haha, thanks funny. But seriously, for me, it was Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl. He literally couldn't be stopped if you knew what you were doing. We made it illegal to play wit the Raiders.

timmer0911

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Mobile, AL
Haha, thanks funny. But seriously, for me, it was Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl. He literally couldn't be stopped if you knew what you were doing. We made it illegal to play wit the Raiders.
We did too!! So, it was usually the 49ers vs the Broncos or the Giants with LT. The Bills were pretty good too, but I was a Dolphins fan so I couldn't bring myself to use em.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You should've seen those guys use Vick in Madden. He was faster than running backs and had the strongest arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Madden 2004 Michael Vick was the most ridiculously broken sport video game player ever in my opinion. The defense AI was too broken to handle his speed and arm strength ratings in that game. Since you couldn't control everyone or switch quick enough most of the time, you were really just at the whims of how the AI reacted and it was often poor. Online play was basically just playing some loser who'd run around until he had a 20 yard gain or 80 yard touchdown.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That is why I think Madden '04 Vick was worse than Temco Bowl Bo Jackson. He was overpowered and unstoppable but you had to be "on-location" to take the sticks and gentlemen agreements could be made. Online play made it more crucial to balance skill sets and not have utter gamebreakers in the code because anonymity brings the horse's behind out in many of us.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
LT with the Giants was just as unstoppable on defense. You could rush the passer and then get back and intercept the ball if you didn't sack the QB.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Funny picture.

Only answer to the question is Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl.

As others have said, the Raiders were eventually outlawed in our house.

barrytide

BamaNation Citizen
May 3, 2011
Havana,IL
Bo was awesome no doubt. Chicago had Payton, an unstoppable button hook to TE van Horne, swarming defense and a kick returner that a 5 year old could score with on 1 out of every 3 kicks. Kinda forgot to answer the question, I though Payton was just about as good as BO if you knew how to shake off (popcorn) defenders.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Van Horn (sp.?) was a LT...

Bo was awesome no doubt. Chicago had Payton, an unstoppable button hook to TE van Horne, swarming defense and a kick returner that a 5 year old could score with on 1 out of every 3 kicks. Kinda forgot to answer the question, I though Payton was just about as good as BO if you knew how to shake off (popcorn) defenders.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The Bears TE was Cap Boso, & I believe it was a crossing route. However, you could easily stop it by backing into the route when the ball was in the air. Most every team had a play like that, and it could be defended in a similar manner.

barrytide

BamaNation Citizen
May 3, 2011
Havana,IL
You are right it was Boso and it was SF that had the button hook. Having SR moment maybe I should take my Geritol now........... if I can remember where I put it

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The only correct answer is Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl for the NES. He was absolutely unstoppable. You LITERALLY could run circles around people.....

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl.....I hated when I had to play him...couldn't tackle him and screamed at the Nintendo for cheating...lol....I still have a working regular Nintendo. I play it all the time, and have Tecmo bowl for it. But to this day, I never play the Raiders or allow anyone over at my house who plays it with me to choose the Raiders...standard house rule...:D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.