Al.com's List of Top 100 Football Players Associated with the State

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Already being discussed some in the thread about David Palmer since their criteria found him to be number 100.

Here are the individual slideshows for each group of 20 players.

1-20

SPOILER: Don Hutson is #1.

21-40

41-60

61-80

81-100

I'm waiting for them to release an article explaining the criteria and the ranking system. John Talty mentioned the other day it was accomplishment-based. When they do, I'll link it as well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And apparently, Jameis Winston still thinks about AJ McCarron...

[video=youtube;Ca27Qr_nURg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=26&v=Ca27Qr_nURg[/video]

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't understand the rankings at all. It's almost as if they just drew the names from a hat and ordered them that way. I thought maybe they were using NFL success but they have people who have won NFL titles and are in the HOF BELOW players who are just starting their careers i.e. Cam. His only claim to fame is the Heisman and NC....BUT there are others with those creds AND NFL success LOWER on the list??? The whole thing is mind numbing.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Hutson was incredible but I still lean toward Bo. Had he not been injured there's no telling what he could've done in both baseball and football. But then again, Jerry Rice once said that he thought Hutson was the best ever, so it's hard to argue with that testimony.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hutson was incredible but I still lean toward Bo. Had he not been injured there's no telling what he could've done in both baseball and football. But then again, Jerry Rice once said that he thought Hutson was the best ever, so it's hard to argue with that testimony.
Bo's shortened career is what hurts him with the absurd criteria they used.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I knew Snake personally and he was awesome as a QB and overall athlete, but there's only one Bo. Never seen anything like him.
I was able to see Bo come play my school when I was younger and I kept hearing about Vincent Jackson. He did not disappoint either. I can't understand some of the younger people viewing Cam Newton as better than Bo. Bo was an Auburn guy, but man he was fun to watch in any sport he played.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I was able to see Bo come play my school when I was younger and I kept hearing about Vincent Jackson. He did not disappoint either. I can't understand some of the younger people viewing Cam Newton as better than Bo. Bo was an Auburn guy, but man he was fun to watch in any sport he played.
No comparison-Bo is probably still a better all around athlete than Cam, and everyone else on the list.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I agree this ranking is about as accurate as throwing darts. But what do we expect? All week I have counted the Alabama articles and the Auburn Articles on AL dot Com. All week Auburn has had 25-29 while Alabama has had 12-14. Right now, as I type at 8:02 the count is Auburn 30 and Alabama 11. That is correct, 30 Auburn related and 11 Bama related stories. How is that for a week of unbiased reporting? :rolleyes: note: articles about both I did not count.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
"Overall Athlete". Let a Major League pitcher throw Cam a curve ball and he'd look like a total fool trying to hit it. Bo may hit it 550 feet.
Let them race in the 40 yard dash...no contest
Let them compete in the vertical jump....no contest
Bench Press...no contest
Arm strength? In reality, Bo's was stronger.
Cam Newton is an incredible athlete. I give him credit. He may be the most dominant single football player I've ever seen in college football. But "overall athlete". ?
No comparison.
Bo hands down.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.