"LSU's Botched Recruitment of Tim Williams"

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Very good article. I bet Williams is extremely motivated every time he plays a down at Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
From the article:

"[FONT=&quot]While every staff whiffs on the recruiting trail, the recruitment of Tim Williams was more than a common swing-and-miss. Les Miles didn’t even swing. He stood in place while Nick Saban hurled a fastball that left black eyes all over the LSU football program. "

With all of the opportunities that LSU had and blew, I would say that all CNS had to do was toss it underhanded...[/FONT]
:smile:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Here's to hoping there is another player of Tim's caliber the who's don't want/need in the upcoming recruiting cycle.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If I'm not mistaken, they did the same thing with Eddie Lacy. LSU thought there was no way Eddie could qualify there or Alabama and passed on him. The rest as they say is history!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Coaches don't always 'Connect' with a player when they visit. Years ago Coach Bobby Bowden told a story about visiting a recruit. It seems that while Coach Bowden was talking to the recruits Dad in the living room, Coach Bryant was in the kitchen talking with the recruit and his Mom. FSU MISSED ON THAT ONE... A coach has to say the right thing to the recruit and to their parents. A recruit has to feel like He is wanted and needed when he visits, he has to feel like he fits in with the players. A miss on any of these things and WHIFF, he's gone.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It shows how much more superior Coach Saban is when it comes to evaluation of high school talent..As compared to Les & The Swamp Kittens..All those NC Rings Coach Saban has at Bama if proof positive of that fact..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.