2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce (Brainbridge, GA) No Longer Committed to UA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

Alabama picks up big-time RB commitment who attends Kirby Smart’s alma mater

Alabama has snatched up the nation’s No. 7 running back who happens to play at the same high school that Kirby Smart attended.

Dameon Pierce, a 2018 4-star prospect from Bainbridge (Ga.) High School, has committed to Alabama. Pierce becomes the Crimson Tide’s second commitment in the Class of 2018.

“Nick Saban told me that he’s glad to have me and Alabama is a hard-working program,” Pierce told SEC Country. “He said I am going to be a great fit and asset for his program.”

Pierce said Georgia was his No. 2 school, but ultimately Alabama beat out the Bulldogs because of the school’s tradition.

“Alabama speaks for itself,” Pierce said. “They have a great running backs coach in (Burton) Burns. They are on a level with how I want to do it and how I want to be the best. I want to be great back and Coach Burns can get me there. He’s an excellent coach and I think I fit well in their program.”

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: *** 2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce (Brainbridge, GA) Commits to UA ***

I love how Coach Saban keeps recruiting for the future, cause it gives the rest of college football heartburn, knowing "The Process" will continue dominating the future of the game & all the can do is take it..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Really hope this young man sticks. REALLY looks good for someone as young as he is. Looks pretty stout in his lower body to me.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Really hope this young man sticks. REALLY looks good for someone as young as he is. Looks pretty stout in his lower body to me.
Agreed all around. Just saw a brief video on Fox 6 here in Birmingham, and he didn't look like any sophomore I've ever seen.

But Kirby Smart won't stop recruiting him, signing day is 19 months off, and young Mr. Pierce will have UGA fans in his ear for every one of those 570 days.

I'm glad for the commitment and would love to see him in Tuscaloosa. But this one is far from over.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

South Georgia is such a fertile recruiting area so getting a commitment from such a high profile, albeit young player is terrific for us in the long term. Mods, can you change the town's name to Bainbridge?

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Agreed all around. Just saw a brief video on Fox 6 here in Birmingham, and he didn't look like any sophomore I've ever seen.

But Kirby Smart won't stop recruiting him, signing day is 19 months off, and young Mr. Pierce will have UGA fans in his ear for every one of those 570 days.

I'm glad for the commitment and would love to see him in Tuscaloosa. But this one is far from over.
Absolutely. Will have to continue recruiting him as though he were not committed. I`m sure the staff will.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I've seen his films and we are getting a complete back.
very good speed, great balance and vision, no wasted movements, his legs are always moving, he is strong and finishes runs with authority.

welcome. RTR!!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3900167/5721d8c49a90ec5540a1bc6a
Good points SJC. Just watched his soph video and I totally agree about his vision and when he sees the hole he hits it hard and decisively. Another stud to add to the stable. Like some others have said we will have to fend off Kirby/UGA to get his signature.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I would also like to throw out some appreciation for Coach Burton Burns, since Pierce mentions him. Coach Burns has been with the program since we took him from Clemson back in 2007. I think our only other assistant coach with the same longevity is Scott Cochran. Both are still paying huge dividends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Welcome Damion.

Although, I'm sure the battle for his signature has really just begun.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Reminds me a lot of Drake with sneaky power. I like this pick up, hope it sticks!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

If that was his sophomore video, he will only get better. I love it when he drops that shoulder on those db's coming up to try to stop him.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I wouldn't be surprise to see him receive a 5 star rating before his junior year is up if he continues to his dominance. after all, the Alabama bump is real. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.