Link: UA Self Reports 19 Secondary Violations in Multiple Sports

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
All schools report secondary violations this time of the year without much ado made of it. Alabama released their list right before the 4th because it is news cycle bait due to the target on our back.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
- Summary: A trophy was temporarily placed in an area where prospects taking an official visit would be, which resulted in an impermissible recruiting decoration of that area.

Corrective Action Taken: Provided additional rules education for staff and declared prospects involved ineligible until reinstated by NCAA.
Curious about this one. The trophies are primarily displayed when at the entrance to the football building. Of course, recruits are going to walk in to the building that way, so this isn't something new.

Could they have displayed the Heisman trophy too soon? Don't understand why the NCAA would have rules on that, but there are plenty of things the NCAA does I don't understand.

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com
Geeee! I wonder what the NCAA going to do ban us 2yrs bowl games? 30 Scholarships ripped away? 56 games ripped away 4 Championships ripped away all over our right to display Trophies? I do not care what NCAA say's that's just wrong period & it's stupid! A trophy gives Motivation but NCAA thinks no! it gives unfair advantage. Ok. Nobody is going to twist that person of going to Alabama. NCAA is nothing but control freaks.
I should take a pic of me & my 6lb Small mouth trophy bass showing to a kid as motivation & send it to NCAA saying is this illegal?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Geeee! I wonder what the NCAA going to do ban us 2yrs bowl games? 30 Scholarships ripped away? 56 games ripped away 4 Championships ripped away all over our right to display Trophies? I do not care what NCAA say's that's just wrong period & it's stupid! A trophy gives Motivation but NCAA thinks no! it gives unfair advantage. Ok. Nobody is going to twist that person of going to Alabama. NCAA is nothing but control freaks.
I should take a pic of me & my 6lb Small mouth trophy bass showing to a kid as motivation & send it to NCAA saying is this illegal?
Whoa there partner, secondary violations are NO BIG DEAL as long as they're reported to the NCAA as they were according to this article.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Smallmouth bass are noted motivators

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
These violations wouldn't happen if the DBs would just look back for the ball...

oh wait, wrong thread.
Good one lol. Was happy to see that coach Saban did address it recently. Called a player getting "Out of Phase", and Ronnie Harrison showed it can still end up a success. It is crucial to bend but don't break defense. Pass interference or a break up trumps getting burned for a TD every time. Being a DB in the SEC is hard. The receiver knows where the ball is going!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We should have gotten violations for NOT converting Henry to his correct role ... everyone knows he was supposed to be a linebacker at the collegiate level. What was the staff thinking?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.