Gretchen Carlson of Fox News Files Suit Against Roger Ailes, Alleging Harassment

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Gretchen Carlson, the longtime Fox anchor, filed a lawsuit on Wednesday saying that Roger Ailes, the powerful chairman of Fox News, fired her from the network last month after she refused his sexual advances and complained to him about discriminatory treatment in the newsroom.

The startling accusations immediately transfixed the world of television news, where Mr. Ailes is a hugely influential figure known for demanding absolute loyalty from his employees.
The lawsuit — filed in Superior Court in New Jersey, where Mr. Ailes maintains a residence — portrays the Fox chairman as a loutish and serial sexual harasser, accusing him of ogling Ms. Carlson in his office, calling her “sexy” and making sexually charged comments about her physical appearance.
Ms. Carlson, who joined Fox in 2005, contends that during a meeting last fall to discuss her concerns that she was not being treated fairly, Mr. Ailes told her: “I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better.”
When she rebuffed him, the lawsuit claims, Mr. Ailes retaliated by reducing Ms. Carlson’s salary, curtailing her on-air appearances and, to her surprise, declining to renew her contract last month.
In a statement issued Wednesday evening through Fox News, Mr. Ailes rebuffed Ms. Carlson’s accusations. “Gretchen Carlson’s allegations are false,’’ he said, calling it “a retaliatory suit for the network’s decision not to renew her contract.’’
More here: Wow!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I have always liked Gretchen. A group of us would travel a couple of times a month a few years ago and would always get an eye full of Gretchen's fullness in the Breakfast room at the hotel. She knew sex sells however subtle it was. Butshe was smart too.

I find it interesting she refers to Fox as a "boys club." Are you kidding me, with that lineup of flesh they have on nearly every program?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I have always liked Gretchen. A group of us would travel a couple of times a month a few years ago and would always get an eye full of Gretchen's fullness in the Breakfast room at the hotel. She knew sex sells however subtle it was. Butshe was smart too.

I find it interesting she refers to Fox as a "boys club." Are you kidding me, with that lineup of flesh they have on nearly every program?
Other than Howard Kurtz, the host, rarely does a male appear on Media Buzz. The panel is usually all female.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I don't know for a fact if these accusations are true but I don't see it in todays world. How can any man be this stupid on the level this gentleman is and do the very acts knowing how foxnews will be attacked by the rest of the news services for this. If he did then he is a fool. Most women know that just saying the word harassment gets all kinds of attention.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know for a fact if these accusations are true but I don't see it in todays world. How can any man be this stupid on the level this gentleman is and do the very acts knowing how foxnews will be attacked by the rest of the news services for this. If he did then he is a fool. Most women know that just saying the word harassment gets all kinds of attention.
You don't see it in today's world? What world do you reside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah, I mean it's not like some dork making millions off his sandwich weight loss would risk it to tap little girls or a football coach would cover up sexual assaults or child rape or a gay Muslim open fire and kill four dozen in a gay bar or a blowhard with no experience win the delegates to secure a party nomination.

If those happened we'd be living in a fantasy world.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Interesting in the timing. She didn't sue until her contract wasn't renewed. If she were being sexually harassed all that time why didn't she make an issue of it at that time? Something smells fishy.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Interesting in the timing. She didn't sue until her contract wasn't renewed. If she were being sexually harassed all that time why didn't she make an issue of it at that time? Something smells fishy.
She has a history of being abused.....from her time as a kid, through her pageant days, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.