Adonis Thomas Transferring to JUCO College

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
This is the third player to transfer this year that wasn't in any trouble as far as we know. Isn't that kind of unusual for us?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
This is the third player to transfer this year that wasn't in any trouble as far as we know. Isn't that kind of unusual for us?
Yeah, kinda is. But some guys just want to play. Riding the pine is frustrating and soul killing to their competitive spirit. He'll land on his feet if he keeps his head straight.

And we're prolly not done yet. Wouldn't come as a surprise to many that a QB announces in the near future.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Playing time related? Jeez, kid, you just redshirted!

Good luck, though.
True, but I don't recall seeing a lot of him during a-day and with the ILB class we just signed he could have felt like he wasn't going to be able to crack the rotation, although we are somewhat top heavy with depth so opportunity is right around the corner. I wish him the best of luck unless he ends up at a SEC west school

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
True, but I don't recall seeing a lot of him during a-day and with the ILB class we just signed he could have felt like he wasn't going to be able to crack the rotation, although we are somewhat top heavy with depth so opportunity is right around the corner. I wish him the best of luck unless he ends up at a SEC west school
Bingo. The top three ILB right now are Reuben, SDH, and Evans. Two of those will (should) be back next season. Plus, Keaton Anderson was calling plays for the second team during A-Day, which indicates he's ahead of Adonis.

Wouldn't be a shock if Ben Davis and Mack Wilson were to pass AT during the fall.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Bingo. The top three ILB right now are Reuben, SDH, and Evans. Two of those will (should) be back next season. Plus, Keaton Anderson was calling plays for the second team during A-Day, which indicates he's ahead of Adonis.

Wouldn't be a shock if Ben Davis and Mack Wilson were to pass AT during the fall.
Don't forget Keith Holcombe, who was probably ahead of Anderson in the rotation till he got dinged and was spending so much time with baseball.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't know if Pruitt had anything to do with him leaving, every SEC program has players leave every season due to playing time and other factors, but from the past scuttlebutt it seems Pruitt doen't play well with others when they don't play the way he wants to play, and it's hard to argue with the results of how he likes to play. I hope he lands somewhere and does well, as long as it's not Auburn or Tennessee.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.